Home

2012 Recruiting Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 Recruiting Thread within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #273
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Dodson? Never heard his name come up at all over the last couple months, but apparently we came in second behind Wisconsin for him after making a big push at the end; kind of bizarre, because he just wasn't coming up in any recruiting discussions in UM circles, which is weird because we're pursuing a lot of OL. We're at the top for Diamond, apparently made a big impression on Andrus Peat today, and a few other linemen from all over the country.
I meant Pittman, my bad.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #274
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
I meant Pittman, my bad.

Oh. Yeah, it's unclear what happened. Bill Greene reported last week that Pittman had recently tried to commit to Michigan, but was turned down. There are a couple different theories as to why; one is he hasn't passed that Ohio Graduation Test or whatever it's called yet (the same one that tripped up JT Turner for a while a couple years back), and while he has plenty of time to do so, Michigan couldn't take him now because the admissions office is cracking down or whatever, and Pittman wanted to get it over with.

The other line of thinking (this one was also brought up by Bill Greene) is that Michigan slowplayed him because the coaches feel very, very good about their chances with Chris Wormley and Adolphus Washington. Wormley is a done deal, I think we all know that, it's just a matter of when he announces, but it baffles me that there could be so much confidence in Washington when he still hasn't set foot on campus yet.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #275
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Oh. Yeah, it's unclear what happened. Bill Greene reported last week that Pittman had recently tried to commit to Michigan, but was turned down. There are a couple different theories as to why; one is he hasn't passed that Ohio Graduation Test or whatever it's called yet (the same one that tripped up JT Turner for a while a couple years back), and while he has plenty of time to do so, Michigan couldn't take him now because the admissions office is cracking down or whatever, and Pittman wanted to get it over with.

The other line of thinking (this one was also brought up by Bill Greene) is that Michigan slowplayed him because the coaches feel very, very good about their chances with Chris Wormley and Adolphus Washington. Wormley is a done deal, I think we all know that, it's just a matter of when he announces, but it baffles me that there could be so much confidence in Washington when he still hasn't set foot on campus yet.
I agree Psy. If anything it seems like we are slipping somewhat on Washington and Stanford. But with what Hoke and company have done on the recruiting trail so far, they have earned my trust when it comes to this sort of stuff. So I'm not nearly as worried as I would be if Rich Rod had turned this kid down.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 AM   #276
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
I agree Psy. If anything it seems like we are slipping somewhat on Washington and Stanford. But with what Hoke and company have done on the recruiting trail so far, they have earned my trust when it comes to this sort of stuff. So I'm not nearly as worried as I would be if Rich Rod had turned this kid down.

RR never would've been in a position to turn him down.

And we'll see on Washington and Stanford. I don't think we're "slipping" with them...but I don't think we're at the top for them either. Just gotta get them on campus.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #277
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
RR never would've been in a position to turn him down.

And we'll see on Washington and Stanford. I don't think we're "slipping" with them...but I don't think we're at the top for them either. Just gotta get them on campus.
We need to get them on together. Every scheduled visit has been backed out of by the duo and then I heard Standford was going to be in AA without Washington but I do not know whether if it was this weekend or not but no report on him being there after this weekends big recruiting visits.
YouTube: TBD
Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #278
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

Zac Brooks commits to Clemson. He was the top player in Arkansas. Clemson offered him as a RB though while everyone else wanted him at WR.

At least it wasnt Auburn
Old 06-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #279
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs141
Zac Brooks commits to Clemson. He was the top player in Arkansas. Clemson offered him as a RB though while everyone else wanted him at WR.

At least it wasnt Auburn
Taking the top in state prospects OUT of Arkansas....

So easy a Caveman can do it.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:26 AM   #280
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

Big things on the horizon for Michigan.

4* DT Danny O'Brien will be at UM's camp tomorrow, and there are *rumors* that UM has surged back and he might even commit tomorrow. I tend to doubt that, but it definitely sounds like UM's right back in it.

Annnnd visiting this weekend....4/5* OSU commit Kyle Kalis, thanks to some prodding from his friend Tom Strobel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »