Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2021, 07:15 AM   #8009
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
No revenue sport player is going to bed hungry unless they chose to not eat. They have free food provided and can also get food on campus. Now he can certainly not eat until after everything is closed but that would be on the player.

The fab 5 were all getting paid, they had pizza money, it was just all under the table. All the top players are getting stuff.

Now it will be more out in the open but is going to hurt college sports.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Let's you're right and they were
Getting all that you say. How did the NCAA cover happen with Kevin Love on it?
Old 07-03-2021, 09:40 AM   #8010
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
No revenue sport player is going to bed hungry unless they chose to not eat. They have free food provided and can also get food on campus. Now he can certainly not eat until after everything is closed but that would be on the player.

The fab 5 were all getting paid, they had pizza money, it was just all under the table. All the top players are getting stuff.

Now it will be more out in the open but is going to hurt college sports.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Did you watch the interview or just look at the title of it?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-03-2021, 05:53 PM   #8011
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Haha cashed in quickly lol
https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ts-tallahassee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2021, 08:15 PM   #8012
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think this whole entire NIL thing is overblown. It's not going to drastically change the sport or kill it.

Now the top teams are going to be able to get all of the good players? Oh wait, that already happens.

Now highly sought after recruits are going to get paid? Oh wait, that already happens.

What's nice is that the 3rd string LB that has zero chances at the NFL can go home and host a football camp that charges $5 per kid now. The WR that has a YouTube channel can monetize his videos now. The QB that loves photography can benefit from his Instagram account.

I've enjoyed watching the freak out that is happening with people saying this is the death of college athletics. What's going to change so much that it will kill the sport? Is this NIL stuff going to lead to the same exact teams making the playoffs over and over or something?

― Plato
Old 07-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #8013
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think this whole entire NIL thing is overblown. It's not going to drastically change the sport or kill it.

Now the top teams are going to be able to get all of the good players? Oh wait, that already happens.

Now highly sought after recruits are going to get paid? Oh wait, that already happens.

What's nice is that the 3rd string LB that has zero chances at the NFL can go home and host a football camp that charges $5 per kid now. The WR that has a YouTube channel can monetize his videos now. The QB that loves photography can benefit from his Instagram account.

I've enjoyed watching the freak out that is happening with people saying this is the death of college athletics. What's going to change so much that it will kill the sport? Is this NIL stuff going to lead to the same exact teams making the playoffs over and over or something?
Boom .... I've enjoyed it too!

Have you guys seen this? Reggie Bush can get his trophy back if the NCAA reinstates him. This kind of pointing finger thing is hilarious.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rst-trust-says

Last edited by jeebs9; 07-03-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:22 PM   #8014
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

I looked it up and said only 1% college basketball athletes make it to the NBA and only 2% of CFB athletes make it to the NFL. There's always a few high profile college athletes that you know aren't going to make it at the pro level, they can really benefit.
Yeah, the powerhouses are going to continue to rake in the 4/5 star athletes. But with NIL, that might help out lesser schools. If you can bet on yourself, being a star at a lesser school, can bring in endorsements. That might also bring attention from pro scouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Boom .... I've enjoyed it too!

Have you guys seen this? Reggie Bush can get his trophy back if the NCAA reinstates him. This kind of pointing finger thing is hilarious.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rst-trust-says
Emmert blaming Congress for not doing the job NCAA has been BSing around with is laughable. Every side is trying to save face
Old 07-06-2021, 10:11 PM   #8015
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

A third Oklahoma player involved in an armed robbery on April 15th has now been dismissed from the team after his involvement was revealed.

That night, Trejan Bridges, Seth McGowan, and Mikey Henderson robbed an apartment at gunpoint.

Bridges and McGowan were dismissed on May 7th, Henderson's name was released earlier today and he was promptly dismissed this evening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #8016
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Ohio Bobcats head coach Frank Solich retired this morning. He'd been there since 2005. He had the second most wins in school history, behind only the guy that was there from 1924-1946. Before Ohio, Solich spent 25 years on the Nebraska sideline.

Speaking of coaches, I read yesterday that Cale Gundy is the winningest Oklahoma Sooner of all time. He had 15 wins as their starting QB from 1992-93, and in his 22 years on the OU staff he's been a part of another 251 wins.

So he's been there for 266 Sooner wins, 51 more than Barry Switzer. It probably doesn't hurt that he's been the most successful Gundy brother for the past 20 years either, with his brother Mike running Oklahoma State.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 07-14-2021 at 10:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »