Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-02-2021, 04:21 PM   #8145
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
And now, according to PFF College, Florida State and Clemson have reached out to the SEC.

Clemson would be a big blow the ACC, feels like it's their crown jewel imho.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2021, 07:52 PM   #8146
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
The biggest difference here is that their agreement with the ACC doesn't end until 2035.
This is why I hated the deal when FSU signed it. I wanted nothing to do with it.

Clemson and FSU need the SEC or they are done. They can't exist in the ACC any longer and not kill their football programs. UM, VaTech, UNC, UVA would have options but they aren't competing with anyone at the top.

Hopefully FSU and Clemson can find a spot and also help UVA and UNC to Big Ten and maybe take GaTech, UM or VaTech with them. Then get enough votes to shut the conference down.

Worst case they can sue and maybe win but I don't think Clemson has the money and I know FSU does not to pay the buyout.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2021, 08:15 PM   #8147
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Football, yes.

They are average at-best with everything else. They never established a rivalry though.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:27 AM   #8148
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Athletic reporting the story is false. I'm not sure much more movement happens outside of the Big 12 either adding some G5 teams or seeing a couple of Big 12 teams finding new homes in the other P5 conferences.

The B1G doesn't need to really add anyone. Their teams already make more $ than the SEC. Ohio State isn't going to the SEC like some rumors say. That ones a bit more funny. They'd be making less money and making life harder on themselves, plus the non-sports revenue would take a significant hit were they to do that.

Clemson and FSU are going nowhere. FSU is a wreck right now financially speaking and I'm not sure anyone would want to touch them at the moment, I'm also not too sure their new president even cares about sports either. He's all in on making them the Harvard of the panhandle.

The ACC and B1G aren't going to die with OU and UT joining the SEC. They'll be fine. If the playoffs do expand, that makes it even less vital for them to make any big time moves as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 08-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #8149
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

"Bob Bowlsby and George Kliavkoff, the commissioners of the Big 12 and Pac-12 conferences, are meeting Tuesday to discuss the viability of a strategic partnership between the conferences, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN. https://t.co/MSw1WVSOit "
Old 08-03-2021, 07:24 PM   #8150
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The B1G doesn't need to really add anyone. Their teams already make more $ than the SEC. Ohio State isn't going to the SEC like some rumors say. That ones a bit more funny.
Things could change in a big way soon though. I believe that the B1G's current contract is up in a couple years, and the SEC's deal with ESPN is supposed to bring a lot more revenue starting in 2024. That before adding OU/UT which I'm sure will further inflate that growth. The B1G is going to certainly negotiate their own new contract by then too, but they aren't going to want to be the odd ones out either.

Most surprising from all of that to me though is the fact that the B1G is on top at all. I would have thought for sure that the SEC was #1 in revenue even before considering the deal with ESPN.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:24 PM   #8151
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Things could change in a big way soon though. I believe that the B1G's current contract is up in a couple years, and the SEC's deal with ESPN is supposed to bring a lot more revenue starting in 2024. That before adding OU/UT which I'm sure will further inflate that growth. The B1G is going to certainly negotiate their own new contract by then too, but they aren't going to want to be the odd ones out either.

Most surprising from all of that to me though is the fact that the B1G is on top at all. I would have thought for sure that the SEC was #1 in revenue even before considering the deal with ESPN.
I think the vast majority of people are in the same boat. I always assumed the SEC was the top earner, but the B1G brings in serious money. On top of the sports revenue they also get A LOT of grant money for research that the schools would potentially be throwing away if they made a conference change.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2021, 10:28 PM   #8152
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think the vast majority of people are in the same boat. I always assumed the SEC was the top earner, but the B1G brings in serious money. On top of the sports revenue they also get A LOT of grant money for research that the schools would potentially be throwing away if they made a conference change.
Why would research grants change with a different conference?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »