Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #7313
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: College Football Off Topic

It has less to do with whether or not he "deserved" a ring. It's more about the condemnation of a guy who contributed during the season and did everything right for 3+ years up until the last possible minute of his career.

This whole conversation started because of how flippant Dabo's response was in regards to his former player. I'm just bit shocked that some people think that if a young man decides to not spend the last possible year of his college football life on the sideline, watching other people play football, that he should be damned. To each their own I guess.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:00 AM   #7314
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

Jalen Hurts gets demoted. Stays on the team. When Tua got hurt, Jalen came off the bench and was instrumental in helping win the SEC Championship.

A few seasons ago, Braxton Miller gets hurt and is out for the season. Steps in J.T. Barrett, who wins Big Ten Player of the Year. Barrett gets hurt, and steps in Cardale Jones. Jones helps Ohio State win the Big Ten title, beat Alabama, and then beat Oregon for the National Championship.

One can't assume they will never be called upon if they aren't the starter. Injuries happen and it's "next man up."

If Bryant had stayed, he would have had a chance in the very next game. Lawrence got hurt against Syracuse, and Clemson had to turn to Price to rally the Tigers and win the game.

If Bryant had stayed, he could have been the hero. He would have been commended for taking the demotion and rallying the team when they needed him the most. Instead, he chose to walk away from the team because he wants to play at the next level.

But with the way NFL scouting is today, if you have NFL-level talent, they will find you and give you a shot. Even Matt Cassel got drafted as a backup quarterback from USC. And he ended up having a pretty long career.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #7315
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
It has less to do with whether or not he "deserved" a ring. It's more about the condemnation of a guy who contributed during the season and did everything right for 3+ years up until the last possible minute of his career.

This whole conversation started because of how flippant Dabo's response was in regards to his former player. I'm just bit shocked that some people think that if a young man decides to not spend the last possible year of his college football life on the sideline, watching other people play football, that he should be damned. To each their own I guess.
Who is saying he should be damned? All that is being said is that he quit so he really shouldn't get a ring. It's rather simple. Players that are on the team get rings. He quit the team.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 08:11 AM   #7316
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls

Nobody is saying that Bryant should be damned. Nobody is condemning Bryant for the choice he made that he felt was the best for his future. What people are saying is that Bryant quit the team for his own reasons and therefore don't take issue with Dabo not giving/offering him a ring.

It seems that there are only two options available here to some, either you agree that Dabo basically cheated the guy out of a ring or you agree with Dabo and therefore are condemning Bryant for his decision.

You're not allowed to be of the opinion that Bryant doesn't deserve a ring because he chose to play for a different team for what he felt was the betterment of his future.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-16-2019, 12:27 PM   #7317
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Changing topics momentarily: Louisiana-Lafayette coach Billy Napier is making his players pay $50 dues to the athletics booster club.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ay-booster-fee

Quote:
Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns coach Billy Napier wants to see each of his players become dues-paying members of the school's booster club, asking his team to spend a minimum of $50 to join.

Napier, a former assistant coach at Alabama, now in his second season with Louisiana, said in a news conference Wednesday that the booster club memberships were "about gratitude" and a means to bond the players and school.

"That's probably a little bit unheard of and a little bit unique, but I think this is a place where I think that would be appreciated. I think it's part of the type of program that we want to have."

Napier said the memberships were "mandatory." The school, however, issued a statement Friday correcting that language, suggesting they were simply "strongly encouraged."
Coach says they're mandatory, school says "strongly encouraged"... I think it's safe to assume that every player that plays a snap this year paid the dues.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #7318
MVP

OVR: 0

Thats ****ed up. Players can't be paid but they should pay the booster club?
Old 08-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #7319
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Thats ****ed up. Players can't be paid but they should pay the booster club?
Yeah, I'm confused.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #7320
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Yeah that just seems wrong and that it should violate...something.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »