Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2019, 09:20 AM   #7233
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
"Them" being the fans I'm guessing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes.

/10char
Old 07-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #7234
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I feel like outside of their man rivals and you I hardly actually see much hate thrown their way. They aren't a flamboyant team. They are not obnoxious. They don't really have that polarizing player like a Cam Newton or a Tim Tebow. The metaphors that they are just a football factory are dead on. Everyone that goes to Bama acts like little robots for Saban and the program lacks any personality under him. That is why I am surprised to see a team of his on there. Then again, the SEC crowd makes up a huge percentage of CFB fans, and they all hate him for obvious reasons, so it does make sense there.
Alabama is pretty much the college equivalent of the Patriots. We have a thread, with more than 2,000 posts, devoted to Patriots hatred. Winning breeds hatred. And Alabama wins a lot.

Alabama has also won two national titles without winning the SEC. It gets the benefit of the doubt where others don’t. You could argue it has earned that benefit, but that still rubs people the wrong way.

When Saban retires, I get the impression people outside of the South will be pretty happy as well.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #7235
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Does anybody really hate these Alabama teams under Saban, though? They are just a program that keeps having success and is boring.
Yes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #7236
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You guys realize that you all(outside of Countryboy) are all fans of a rival of Bama? Of course you are going to hate them. Like I said, outside of fans of their rivals and most other SEC teams, I don't really see a ton of hate thrown their way. The Patriots get much more hate from what I've personally seen, but a lot of that goes back to their multiple cheating scandals and people have a big dislike for Brady.

As someone who lives right where ACC and SEC country intersect, I pretty much see zero hatred towards Bama from anyone that isn't a Tennessee, Georgia, or Auburn fan in this area. Pretty much every fan I interact with at all of the ACC games I go to don't really care one way or another for Bama's run. They haven't really had that one player or team that was just so obnoxious no one could stand them. Auburn had Cam Newton, Florida had Tebow, Miami is known for their dancing and showboating. Bama doesn't have a player and they are not known for showboating or anything like that.

Outside of SEC country the hate just isn't there from my experience.

― Plato
Old 07-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #7237
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

I have to travel to Columbus for work every now and then. The hate for Alabama is real from the Ohio State fans I’ve talked with. Almost as strong as mine lol. My brother lives in Pittsburgh, and the Penn State and Pitt fans he knows can’t stand Alabama.

I’ve got a friend in Utah. He’s a Vols fan but he roots for Alabama to pump up the SEC. I’ve always gotten the impression the SEC is hated outside the South because of people like him. With Bama basically being the face of the SEC, that’s another reason for people to hate them.

Maybe my experiences don’t reflect reality. There’s enough fans from other regions on here to give us an idea.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #7238
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, I couldn't care less about Bama. I'd say I "hate" Urban Meyer far more than Saban and it would be for obvious reasons.

I don't look at Bama the same way I looked at the Patriots when I was tired of them. Patriots would get a team of nobodies and shine. Bama has the best of the best and as a fan of football, that's fun to watch. And as Canes said, their players have 0 personality while at Bama so there's nothing to really "hate"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-27-2019, 02:41 AM   #7239
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

For the 4 people that care, Tate Martell was the hardest working QB in the summer, started Fall Camp off running with the 1's and had the best day out of all the QB's today. I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up starting from what has been said about his work ethic on and off of the field + we all know about his athletic ability.

― Plato
Old 07-30-2019, 05:10 PM   #7240
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Question:

If the 1A schools scheduled like we'd want (tougher OOC schedule against other 1A teams)....... what happens to those 1AA teams that count on that money to get taken to the woodshed?

Thought this was a great question on CFB Live by Joey Galloway of all people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »