Home

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on 2018-2019 Coaching Carousel within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #49
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

Clay Helton will return to USC
Old 11-25-2018, 06:42 PM   #50
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I think that is post game coach speak. We as UofL fans should be used to that type of talk.

I agree that if it isn’t Brohm then this fan base is going to be deflated. Also I think that if brohm passes now, I don’t think the fan base will want him should the job come open again in 3-5 years and he’s at Purdue still. I think this fan base is at the point of tired of feeling “burned”

Personally, and I have no insider information or anything, I think it’s a done deal. I think that he will be announced this week. Again that is my personal opinion.

But if it’s not, I’m hoping they can lure O’Day away from Ohio State, or somehow Venables from Clemson. Either of those 3 and I’m excited. None of those three and I’m going to be a bit bummed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I hope you are right and it’s a done deal.

I think Fickell could be a name to get excited about if it’s not any of the coaches you mentioned.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 11-25-2018, 07:04 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Mike Sanford out @ Western Kentucky too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2018, 07:30 PM   #52
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighoff
I hope you are right and it’s a done deal.

I think Fickell could be a name to get excited about if it’s not any of the coaches you mentioned.
I actually forgot about Fickell. I'll take him as well. One name I saw mentioned tonight that I'm not a fan of is Barry Odom of Missouri. I don't see the excitement behind him. Besides he's a Mizzou grad, so I find it hard that he would leave to take Louisville job, but reportedly there is mutual interest between the two parties.

Another name mentioned that I don't care for is Neal Brown. Again, nothing that gets me excited about the upcoming season and future.

My Top 5

Jeff Brohm (I still say its done and he's coming)
Brent Venables (apparently highly considered for Texas Tech opening)
Ryan Day
Luke Fickell
Charlie Strong (I really don't want him back nor do I think he's on the list, but I really liked Charlie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Mike Sanford out @ Western Kentucky too
Maybe Western Kentucky will try Bobby 2.0? (Bobby Petrino)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-26-2018, 12:08 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Saddens me. I want Kingsbury for OC, we need a new strength and conditioning program. A new DC wouldn't be the worst thing, and we apparently need more recruiters, but I don't have any faith in anything good happening. Lol.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #54
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

North Carolina is really about to hire Mack Brown.

Rumor has it he may try to bring in Kliff as his OC and Gene Chizik as his DC.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:42 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

WKU to hire Tennessee OC Ty Helton as its new head coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9

Them and Miami are too similar all around. How can two programs that have every advantage you could possibly consistently make lazy hires like they both have the last 10+ years. Since Davis for Miami and Carrol for USC these two have just about tried to outdo each other to see who can do less with more.

I'm starting to believe that you could take a group of true diehard CFB fans and they could make hires that would set schools of for great success. Guys like Mark D'Onofrio getting hired at Houston after his stint at Miami just shows that it's more about who you know and not what you've done in this field. I know most jobs we do as average joes is all about networking, but a field like CFB that throws the amounts of cash around that it does... you think that there would be more thought put into some hires.

Results don't lie. Clay Helton, Mark Richt, even Harbaugh are not just coincidentally struggling in the same areas repeatedly. AD's are too afraid or inept to enforce the change their jobs allow to let those coaches get the help that they refuse to admit they need to take their programs further.

Kingsbury once said his dream was to live in Miami. If I am Mark Richt I am calling him up right now and starting with a $1 million offer to be OC with full control and negotiate from there. The money is there, but he won't do it. He has too much pride or stubbornness about him and will instead hire someone that comes from Memphis or something where he can still have a say in the offense and they won't fight him as much.

I'll continue to just dream of what Kliff's offense with Miami athletes would like paired with an elite defense from Manny Diaz.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »