Home

2019-2020 Coaching Carousel Thread

This is a discussion on 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel Thread within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2019, 05:14 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Will be interesting to see what he can do against Bama.

Norvell looks to be a done deal at FSU. Around 6 years and someone reported $4 million to start and steps up to +5. I just hope FSU didn't screw up the buyout like the last 2 contracts with Fisher and Taggart.

He wasn't my first choice, but he was in the top 5. He has a good offense, shows he can pick good coaches (a ton have become coordinators at P5 schools), and is young and hungry. I think he is probably the best option of the realistic choices other than Campbell.

I really hope it works out as FSU can't afford another failure. My only concerns are there may be some issues with gambling and I heard something about him having a Pruitt issue that caused him to leave FSU.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
FSU can afford plenty more failed hires and be fine. If Miami can hire failure after failure and still be one of the 16 teams with a positive blue chip ratio and constantly get top 15 classes then FSU can as well. Any of the big 3 are just good coaching away from being a top 10 team.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #66
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't think there was anything more left for Kiffin to prove, now with 2 CUSA titles in 3 seasons at FAU and a solid run as Alabama's OC. It's not like Ole Miss is an elite job in the SEC.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:35 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
FSU can afford plenty more failed hires and be fine. If Miami can hire failure after failure and still be one of the 16 teams with a positive blue chip ratio and constantly get top 15 classes then FSU can as well. Any of the big 3 are just good coaching away from being a top 10 team.
Not so sure. FSU doesn't have the old money UF has and UM has plenty of money but doesn't spend it. FSU finally has some boosters in positions to give money, but it's well behind those. If FSU is going to keep pace, they have to win with this hire. It's been a long time since 2013 and Fisher really hurt the boosters and school. They tried to rally behind Taggart, but he just wasn't a good enough coach.

If Norvell doesn't make it, 3-4 years later there will be no one in the stands and the money will go elsewhere.

Old 12-07-2019, 11:34 PM   #68
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Did you miss this part of his post (which was really the main point of his post)?

Can you read? He literally said that “people in the know” want to kill the Stoops story but can’t. Every OU beat writer and reporter have said it wasn’t happening for a month now and Stoops himself said he wasn’t a candidate. Only crazy FSU fan thought this was still a remote possibility which was what I said in my last post.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:55 PM   #69
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Lane Kiffan still being regarded as a decent coach makes me laugh. He’ll be fired within 3 years.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:20 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpac
Can you read? He literally said that “people in the know” want to kill the Stoops story but can’t. Every OU beat writer and reporter have said it wasn’t happening for a month now and Stoops himself said he wasn’t a candidate. Only crazy FSU fan thought this was still a remote possibility which was what I said in my last post.
No, there were actual sources that were saying they were still pursuing Bob. Yes they didn't think it was going to happen, but FSU was still trying to convince Stoops to come to FSU. Then some fans ran with that info and started crazy rumors based on nothing.

Stoops also was a candidate at the beginning and supposedly had a contract in hand that he decided not to sign.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:54 PM   #71
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

App. St. coach going to Mizzou.

Boo!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2019, 01:13 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Seeing a lot of people getting mad that Drink is leaving App St after only one year. I don't get the hate. App St isn't a destination job and it isn't like he owes them anything. If this was the accounting world nobody cares if you take a new job 1 year later or even 1 month later. That's business, but for whatever reason we continue to treat college athletics like they are something so special. It's taboo to leave for a new job early, it's taboo to fire guys when they are clearly failing.

I don't get it. All of these boosters would be quick to fire anyone they put in charge of their businesses if they were complete failures after X amount of months, but we're supposed to feel sorry for all of the coaches and give them so many YEARS before they get canned. It's silly and the opposite of how it should be. College athletics have reached crazy levels where these coaches are making millions of bucks, their leashes should be shorter with the more they're getting paid.

Oh well, risky hire for Mizzou, but that school needs an offensive coach in this day and age of college football. Get an X's and O's offensive guy in today's world with how open the game is and forgiving to offenses and you can make noise. Sticking with defensive coaches stuck in their conservative ways of pro style, or clock control, or whatever leads nowhere anymore. Hope the hire works out for them. The guy has plenty of potential, but 1 year of experience. Will be interesting to see what his immediate impact is on that struggling offense.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »