Home

Hex Editing Thread

This is a discussion on Hex Editing Thread within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:47 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Hex Editing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
That's some amazing news. Could that be a step forward to having that editor this game always deserved? I'm also thinking about real conferences, legacy roster editing, coach editing...
Possibly, I'm currently trying to edit the coaches, starting with the age. Even though you can do it in-game, trying to find where they are located in hex editor is important.

edit: Just tested the 07-08 rosters, NC State and Mississippi St. are announced/spelled correctly along with Maryland's uniforms being in tact. So they will be used as base, when I convert the newest rosters over.

Last edited by Brock; 02-26-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #26
MVP

Maybe this is a bit pre-mature, but while trying to figure out how to edit coaches names through the hex editing. I believe I figured out how to change wins/losses!

I'm currently testing with Mike White, but once I figure out the name thing, I'll try to change the wins and losses to his current, as well and try to reset his "champ" status w/e.

Was able to change the wins/losses:
Spoiler

Still need to find out how find the coaches names, so I can just search them through the editor. And remove the "Champ" status from some. I also believe I found the ratings. I think they're 0-255 based on this: http://online.sfsu.edu/chrism/hexval.html

UPDATE:
Ok I found out how to change attributes, but it's weird. You can't really edit each attribute individually, but once you have it set it fills out for the rest of them.

Example: 0000 0400 give's all F's
Ex 2: AA89 8470 is Billy Donovan's (Mike White) default Attributes

Spoiler

Oddly, it removes the job security. Need to check that. Edits were made from test legacies, then applied to roster.

Job security glitches out, but it's not a problem it returns when you start a legacy.

Attributes are seperated between two values, i.e. AA89 8470

AA89 is OFF DEF TEA CHA
8470 is SCO DIS

In the morning I'll try out different combinations so try to see if I can manually edit. ( I actually think I have a theory on the attributes. I'll let you guys try to figure it out.)

Actually you CAN edit the attributes individually!

Scale is based off 0-10, with 0=F and 10(A)= A+
0= F; 1= D; 2= C-; 3= C; 4= C+; 5= B-; 6= B; 7= B+; 8= A-; 9= A; 10(A)= A+

Last edited by Brock; 02-27-2016 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Added pics and other info.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #27
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

OVR: 1

man you are giving me reasons to start a new legacy again soon
Old 02-27-2016, 07:00 AM   #28
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Brock you are the man. That sounds tremendous that you can edit the attributes. Next up is age so we can not have certain guys retire year one.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Brock you are the man. That sounds tremendous that you can edit the attributes. Next up is age so we can not have certain guys retire year one.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
You can actually edit ages in-game, 25-80. I've also manage to change ages through hex editing. (Giving lower ages than you can set, etc.)

If people give out what changes they want for the coaches, I can edit accordingly.

Anyway in a course of 24 hrs I've done most of the things I thought were impossible, but here's my current check list:
-Win/Losses [x]
-Change attributes for coaches [x]
-Fix Maryland Jersey's [x]
-Reverse look up names in hex editor [x]
-Change Conference sizes (according to realignment) [x] http://i.imgur.com/EsWKzzz.png
-Change Years at school for coaches []
-Removing championships from coaches [x] http://i.imgur.com/Mlbvyer.png
-Removing underclassmen limit for going pro (long shot, I believe this is hardcoded) []
-Changing dates so Legacy starts in 2015 (Could be another long shot) []

Anyone else have anything to add to the checklist?

Last edited by Brock; 02-29-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:30 AM   #30
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

To me having real conferences would be the biggest thing. btw are you doing this on 360 or ps3? I hope both consoles will be able to benefit from an editor
Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
To me having real conferences would be the biggest thing. btw are you doing this on 360 or ps3? I hope both consoles will be able to benefit from an editor
They're based off the ps3 rosters, but I'm sure they can be done with either.

I have no experience with coding. Hopefully someone from our community can code and help with creating one. I have all of the offsets here and in my notepad.

I've done a few more coaching edits: Redone Kevin Ollie's record and changed his championships from 2 to 1. I redone Coach K's record and given him 5 championships. Pictures will be added shortly.

Spoiler

Last edited by Brock; 02-27-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #32
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
They're based off the ps3 rosters, but I'm sure they can be done with either.

I have no experience with coding. Hopefully someone from are community can code and help with creating one. I have all of the offsets here and in my notepad.

I've done a few more coaching edits: Redone Kevin Ollie's record and changed his championships from 2 to 1. I redone Coach K's record and given him 5 championships. Pictures will be added shortly.
anyway you can share the offsets so we can do some tests ourself?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »