Home

360 Problems, discuss them here

This is a discussion on 360 Problems, discuss them here within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: What 360 are you playing on currently?
I'm on my 1st 360 323 46.34%
I'm on my 2nd 360 234 33.57%
I'm on my 3rd 360 88 12.63%
I'm on my 4th 360 25 3.59%
I'm on my 5th 360 9 1.29%
I'm on my 6th 360 3 0.43%
I'm on my 7th 360 0 0%
I'm on my 8th 360 0 0%
I'm on my 9th 360, can you freakin' believe it?! 15 2.15%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #1433
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 360 Problems, discuss them here

Mine died the 4th and I just got the coffin as well today. Will be sending out tomorrow ASAP.

One question: it says it needs a signature for delivery when it gets returned to me. Am I able to change the place it needs to get delivered to me? The box came to my house, but I'm not going to be here when UPS comes back with the 360....I need to change it to my work address. Possible?

Go Badgers!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #1434
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Absolutely. Just contact UPS with the tracking # when it leaves the shop.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #1435
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had the three rings of death over Labor Day....On its way to the repair center.

Needed a reason to buy a Wii anyways......Kids are happy and it is some serious family fun - maybe made a mistake in the first place....Love the graphics of the 360 and sports games, but the Wii is just the ultimate family console, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #1436
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Denise from Microsoft has called daily with updates and left a message saying it should be done by today.
How are you guys getting a hold of a real person? I call 1-800-4my-xbox and keep getting the automated guy telling me that my console is being repaired. Of course it's been in that same status for a week. How can I get a hold of someone to actually talk to?
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 09-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #1437
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Well mine has a host of weird problems with it, but it hasn't actually died yet. It's still my 1st 360 luckily, and it was the 2nd or 3rd batch of systems after launch (I got mine in August 06 I think).

Sometimes it will give me that weird "Please put this disc into an X-Box 360 console" error screen, mostly when I turn it on with a game already inside and try playing it immediately... That's normally cured by turning it off and on again, but it's taken more than one restart several times.

Also, my disc tray only comes out about halfway sometimes and then closes on its own (almost always with a game in it since I tend to leave them in). That one's pretty strange, but it never happens twice.

It also will just sit there for ~2 minutes before loading up NBA 2K7 (mostly 2K7, since that's 90% of what I play). Sometimes the dashboard runs extremely slow as well...

All in all, it runs very strangely and I'm planning to trade it in (along with my PS2 and X-Box) for one of the newer Premiums with the upgraded heatsinks and HDMI port. I was sort of hoping for the RRoD so I can get it fixed (or a new one) but now it's too close to 2K8 release that I just want to get rid of this ticking time bomb before it finally dies. GameCrazy, here I come.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #1438
MVP

Quint75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
I'm planning to trade it in (along with my PS2 and X-Box) for one of the newer Premiums with the upgraded heatsinks and HDMI port.
How do you know which systems have the upgraded heatsinks? I thought the Elite was basically the same as the original 360.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #1439
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

There's another thread that I started about this topic (in this forum), but basically you'll see an August "born" date as well as an HDMI input. Some people are saying that the HDMI logo is visible on the box and others said it isn't, so I'm not sure what the story is there. But yeah, MS fixed the heatsink issue on the original Core/Premium and also added HDMI inputs to the Premium(not sure on the core).

And yes, the Elite had the new heatsinks from the get-go, I'm not sure if it has the new processor, but I don't think it does. The Elite is black, has HDMI, a 120GB HD, and came with the RRoD issue already fixed. The new Premiums are basically the Elite but are white and have the regular 20GB HD, but still have the HDMI port.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #1440
MVP

Quint75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
There's another thread that I started about this topic (in this forum), but basically you'll see an August "born" date as well as an HDMI input. Some people are saying that the HDMI logo is visible on the box and others said it isn't, so I'm not sure what the story is there. But yeah, MS fixed the heatsink issue on the original Core/Premium and also added HDMI inputs to the Premium(not sure on the core).

And yes, the Elite had the new heatsinks from the get-go, I'm not sure if it has the new processor, but I don't think it does. The Elite is black, has HDMI, a 120GB HD, and came with the RRoD issue already fixed. The new Premiums are basically the Elite but are white and have the regular 20GB HD, but still have the HDMI port.
Good info. Thanks.

Let me ask you this: my 360 is being repaired right now. Is MS adding the new heatsink fix to the 360s they are repairing, or are they just doing the minimum to get rid of the RRoD? And is there any way to tell if they did do the heatsink repair/upgrade?

Thanks again for any info.

Last edited by Quint75; 09-12-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Added another question
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »