Home

Thinking of getting a PS3

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting a PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #105
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Thinking of getting a PS3

If you are a real baseball fan, you owe it to yourself to buy a PS3. To me, everything else is secondary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #106
Pro

ddtrane's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
That's a terrible reason to play The Show on the PS2 over PS3. The PS3 version is so much better it more than makes up for the loss.

And you can easily tell if you're in or out of the strikezone after half an inning...
Your opinion has been duly noted. But rules are rules, and in this case, house rules are house rules.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #107
Pro

ddtrane's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
Nextgen has been a huge disappointment for me. So much so I recently broke out my original Xbox and have gone back to PC gaming. You have one company peddling absolute garbage systems and the other lying to us how glorious their system is and why we don't need rumble. Nintendo so far has been the only bright spot.
I think the PS3 should have been named the PS2.5, it has some nextgen features, but when I'm playing it, it feels more like I'm playing a souped up PS2. But the BluRay players kicks major booty. But thats for movies, not gaming.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:29 AM   #108
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

The Show was a port and it is it's first gen appearance on the system.

Although I do agree that the PS3 is lagging behind in multi-system games but first party games are looking good.

And playing baseball and 60fps is a thing of beauty.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #109
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtrane
How did the battery die on it? Maybe the N64 but not the DualShock controller. Anyway, as most people have given examples, I'll give mine.

We play MLB 07: The Show. Having no rumble hurts us because we play with the ball cursor off, so you need rumble to tell you when your cursor is at or near the edge of the strike zone. We now only play the PS2 version just because of this.

How in the heck does a nextgen system comes without rumble? Rumble puts you in the game. Its one thing to play a game, but its another thing to be totally immersed in the game.
I don't know how the battery died on it but after a while the rumble would just slow down...I haven't played a baseball game since the days of Sega Genesis so I wouldn't know.

I do kind of like the rumble feature for bball games when you're shooting Free throws on the road....made for a little bit of realism

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »