Home

Gamestop no longer offering replacement plans on 360?

This is a discussion on Gamestop no longer offering replacement plans on 360? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Gamestop no longer offering replacement plans on 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
I don't understand this. Why would Gamestop decide to do this now, when MS is finally putting out more reliable machines? If they were going to do this it should have been done a long time ago.
Cause Ms keeps coming out with new console and new bundles and people that bought the 2 year warranty can just trade in there old system for the price the bought it at and get a new one. Like i plan to do, Im probably gunna hold onto this elite until the warranty is about to expire(16months still left on mine) and trade it it for something new. Who knows by then they could put a hddvd drive in there.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
less of a hassle.
Yep. I know I'm not getting as much money as I can, but going to Gamestop to trade in a game when I'm picking up another game is much easier for me than packaging a game and then going to the post office and shipping it. It doesn't hurt that Gamestop is about 2 miles down the road from my house while the post office is much further.

With that said, if my 360 ever dies or if I decide to get an Elite, I'll get it at Best Buy.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #19
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Yep. I know I'm not getting as much money as I can, but going to Gamestop to trade in a game when I'm picking up another game is much easier for me than packaging a game and then going to the post office and shipping it. It doesn't hurt that Gamestop is about 2 miles down the road from my house while the post office is much further.

With that said, if my 360 ever dies or if I decide to get an Elite, I'll get it at Best Buy.
I've actually done the research on it, and based on what I get on trade in's isn't as bad as most think.

Sure, sometimes you get a sucker on Ebay, but most of the time say the average game goes for 25-30. Then you pay ebay and paypal fees, as well as shipping (which you charge for obviously). Say you get $30 on ebay, after fees, you're down to $25 or so. Gamestop will probably give you 20-23 for the same game. For the time it takes, I'm the same, I just take it to Gamestop.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #20
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I've actually done the research on it, and based on what I get on trade in's isn't as bad as most think.

Sure, sometimes you get a sucker on Ebay, but most of the time say the average game goes for 25-30. Then you pay ebay and paypal fees, as well as shipping (which you charge for obviously). Say you get $30 on ebay, after fees, you're down to $25 or so. Gamestop will probably give you 20-23 for the same game. For the time it takes, I'm the same, I just take it to Gamestop.
Agreed on your logic, but gamestop tradeins fail when compared to Fry's, Best Buy, and Circuit City that have new release deals and therefore cash from ebay/amazon/craigslist sales are at a premium so the margin is much, much smaller.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #21
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Agreed on your logic, but gamestop tradeins fail when compared to Fry's, Best Buy, and Circuit City that have new release deals and therefore cash from ebay/amazon/craigslist sales are at a premium so the margin is much, much smaller.
Agreed.

Best Buy has started taking trade in's in some areas, once that goes nationwide, we could see the end of Gamestop.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #22
MVP

Best buy taking tradeins for what? and how much?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #23
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
They're losing too much money on them? Awesome, they steal so much money from us overall i don't really mind....

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/68...-plans-images/
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
Best buy taking tradeins for what? and how much?
If you already have a Gamestop Replacement plan from earlier in the year, they will still honor it correct until it expires?

Yes, Best Buy has been test piloting the videogame trade-in's @ their big pilot stores for about 2 years now. The 1 Best Buy where I used to work near started it first in the southern suburbs of IL and then the Best Buy which is by my house started it also a few months after the other Best Buy did. They used to give a lot on trade-ins, but I heard even their prices for trade-in's are market value now (ie. Gamestop, Gamecrazy). When they first started this thing, they used to give $40+ on 360 games while Gamestop only gives $20-$25, but they quickly changed that.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw
If you already have a Gamestop Replacement plan from earlier in the year, they will still honor it correct until it expires?

Yes, Best Buy has been test piloting the videogame trade-in's @ their big pilot stores for about 2 years now. The 1 Best Buy where I used to work near started it first in the southern suburbs of IL and then the Best Buy which is by my house started it also a few months after the other Best Buy did. They used to give a lot on trade-ins, but I heard even their prices for trade-in's are market value now (ie. Gamestop, Gamecrazy). When they first started this thing, they used to give $40+ on 360 games while Gamestop only gives $20-$25, but they quickly changed that.
Yeah ur warranty is still Valid at gamestop so when it about to expire trade ur old console for a new one.

How much was best buy accepting for trade in like consoles either ps3, or 360's?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »