Home

Answer to all Your 360 Headaches Who out of Warranty!!!!! Read

This is a discussion on Answer to all Your 360 Headaches Who out of Warranty!!!!! Read within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Answer to all Your 360 Headaches Who out of Warranty!!!!! Read

Mods, I don't think I'm breaking any rules, if so let me know.

This is for all my OS famliy who have been hit with the RROD, this is a permanent fix, not saying that nothing could never happen again, but the scenic behind Mr.Benjamin technical fix is just pretty much flawless and is much better then getting a refurbished 360 from MS.

I just bought a basically New 360 from This guy on eBay for $90, His Name is Ben/Benjamin. He buys broken 360 in bulk, only RROD 360's, he then repairs them and is a master at fixing them. He's really good. You can look at his feed back on eBay and see how happy he makes his customers and I'm one of them.

The 360 he sells don't even have a scratch on them and look brand new, I swear to it. Honestly I feel more confident in buying the refurbished 360 from him then getting one back from MS, and he also gives you a 1 year warranty, for the price, it's a real steal. I will list his link eBay link below. Guys just give a second to look at what his method is and how he repairs the 360's. Mine runs the slightest of warm when on and that's it. He is also the one who told me the 360 works the best Vertical.

I'm only giving this info to try and save my Friends here at OS some Money. Like I said I bought from him and the system is running awesome. In giving this info, I'm hooping to make my famliy here at OS keep some money in there Pocket, and no I don't know this guy from a whole in the wall, I just think he does a great job.

Link To Ben's Ebay page, Happy 360 Gaming. I paid through PayPal and didn't even have to bid the 360 on ebay, the payment is fully secured through pay-pal and list his warranty info too.

This is his eBay name (012180benjamin)

Here's a link to one of his item and then you can look at all his items listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-HDMI-1-...item2a0687933e

enjoy guys, this guy is good. MS should hire him.

Update from FF:

Quote:
Sorry Guys,,,,LMAO at myself, My 360 has already died, I was getting some video issues and now I get a blinking red like light and an E74 error, so I;m assuming it;s dead. I told the guy to give me my full refund, and and Now I guess it's off to buy a new 360, DAMN IT!!!!!! I guess I was total wrong about this guy.
Quote:
at the end of the day this guy is a Donkey, he sent me some emails because I opened a paypal case only to protect myself, I send him emails before hand and no response, soon right after I file a claim, he then response talking crap to me. What a Jerk.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by Pared; 04-30-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Answer to all Your 360 Headaches Who out of Warranty!!!!! Read

LOL. Did you get rid of your PS3?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

It's a good deal if all you need is the console. If you need the other stuff, may as well buy it new.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
It's a good deal if all you need is the console. If you need the other stuff, may as well buy it new.
Very true, but it still was a great deal for me. In the end what his modifies is better IMO then what you get new from MS already. Read what he does.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

interesting, although you don't really know for sure how long he'll honor his warranty.

I similarly had a 360 refurb from a 3rd party like this, and while it was fixed up better than MS does, the DVD drive still died eventually. This generation of consoles sucks ***. To enjoy a hobby, you either have to be in MS's circle of crappy refurbs, or just find ways to replace them for cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
interesting, although you don't really know for sure how long he'll honor his warranty.

I similarly had a 360 refurb from a 3rd party like this, and while it was fixed up better than MS does, the DVD drive still died eventually. This generation of consoles sucks ***. To enjoy a hobby, you either have to be in MS's circle of crappy refurbs, or just find ways to replace them for cheap.
I believe this guys stands by his warranty, reason being, more and more are buying from him and he has been doing this for quite a few years now.

bottom line is my system is running great, and it very very well ventilated, I'm really not worried.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Is MS still doing the 3 year warranty on 360s? If so, IMO you'd be better off paying the difference and get it new (3 year factory warranty vs. 1 year 3rd party warranty)
Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Is MS still doing the 3 year warranty on 360s? If so, IMO you'd be better off paying the difference and get it new (3 year factory warranty vs. 1 year 3rd party warranty)
I hear ya.

But he has a point, read this

Quote:
I buy xboxes with the rrod and professionally repair them myself. So no, the original warranty is not in place. All xboxes are destined to get the rrod at some point because of their design. If you send it to Microsoft, it will come back with the same crappy design of the flimsy "x-clamps" holding the heat sink to the cpu. Because of this, it causes flexing of the motherboard when hot, and as time goes on this gets worse. I professionally reflow and/or reball gpu/cpu, with percise temperatures and equipment. Of course not all of the consoles I receive are repairable, so I have extra parts to make sure these have 2nd gen heat sinks and new dvd drives (if needed). The box itself is also in MINT condition... not a single mark from opening.

PLEASE!!!!!! IF YOU STILL HAVE A 3 YEAR MANUFACTURE WARRANTY ON YOUR XBOX 360, USE IT!!!!! THEY WILL SEND YOU A BRAND NEW ONE FOR FRE
Gamecock, I hear ya, I'm just trying to help, that's all. The guy does great work. I personally think the way he repairs them are better then what MS sells new, it may sound crazy, but that;s just my opinion.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 04-23-2010 at 08:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »