Home

Sony PSVITA Discussion

This is a discussion on Sony PSVITA Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 09:36 PM   #7385
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Sony PSVITA Discussion

Every time I play my Switch, I think to myself how that could've been the Vita. Remote play is cool when it works, but not ideal. Love the Vita, but man, what a missed opportunity.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 01:05 AM   #7386
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Sony PSVITA Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Every time I play my Switch, I think to myself how that could've been the Vita. Remote play is cool when it works, but not ideal. Love the Vita, but man, what a missed opportunity.

Really wish Development Teams would just create ports for Vita. I don't know the cost but for certain games I'm sure they would make good money. I would assume The Show and Madden would easily make money off of it.

Still play my Vita and would argue it was a great idea that was wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #7387
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
At this point, the Vita has more games to my liking than the Switch, so I am not prepared to make the comparison the way you are phrasing it - that the Switch has succeeded where the Vita failed. When I see quality sports games on the Switch, then I'll join you, but for now, the Switch (to me) is still something that could eventually unseat the Vita.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:19 AM   #7388
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I love playing Diablo 3 on the PSVita remotely. Never any lag (just missing one key/power due to missing the 2nd R1/R2 button). Still works great when you can't get to the TV and want to play.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:21 PM   #7389
MVP

OVR: 13

Not sure how many of you are still playing The Show 15 shared play, transferring franchise or RTTS from Vita to PS4 and back again (the single greatest baseball videogame experience in my videogame career), but the fun is about to end. Sony has announced servers for The Show 15 will be stopped at the end of October 2017 (Sony putting the final nail in the coffin of the Vita). I am so hoping the Switch can take over and be the device I can use to play my sports franchise at home and on the road.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #7390
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Not sure how many of you are still playing The Show 15 shared play, transferring franchise or RTTS from Vita to PS4 and back again (the single greatest baseball videogame experience in my videogame career), but the fun is about to end. Sony has announced servers for The Show 15 will be stopped at the end of October 2017 (Sony putting the final nail in the coffin of the Vita). I am so hoping the Switch can take over and be the device I can use to play my sports franchise at home and on the road.
I didn't realize servers for 15 were still up. Baffles me how there was never an option to share the files without using a server ... Guess fear of sales was the driving point there.

I think 14 was the best Vita version of The Show, but did enjoy 15.

R.B.I. Baseball comes to the Switch tomorrow.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-26-2017, 01:34 AM   #7391
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Sony comments scuttle any hope for a followup to the Vita.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...andheld-market

I'd really like to see some devices that take advantage of remote play (of either console) and have nice form factors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 09:16 AM   #7392
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Sony comments scuttle any hope for a followup to the Vita.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...andheld-market

I'd really like to see some devices that take advantage of remote play (of either console) and have nice form factors.
Honestly, I think Sony is making a mistake not furthering their mobile development that ties in to the Playstation. Many people who own the Switch enjoy the ability of playing it from anywhere. I know the PS Vita offers that with remote play but is limited in what it can do because the hardware is outdated to this point. Just imagine if Playstation could develop a legitimate contender for mobile gaming that gave you the ability to play any game from your Playstation anywhere, I think their sales would increase, both for the handheld device and also the Playstation consoles themselves.

However, I am sure they have done their market research and may have determined the demand doesn't meet the supply. But that really depends on how and who they surveyed. I guess time will tell if Sony is right in this decision, but I feel like they aren't seeing the bigger picture.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »