Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2018, 04:41 PM   #24577
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Xbox One

Yeah I'm leaving the tacobox out of it because my wife uses it and last thing I want is for her to have to wait on an update every other use.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:17 PM   #24578
MVP

mestevo's Arena

The original Crackdown is currently free on Live.

Edit: 4TB drive on sale for $80. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easy...&skuId=6290668

Last edited by mestevo; 11-08-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #24579
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
I personally leave HDR on because SDR in this game and like many games that have HDR crushes blacks. And using my tv brightness or gamma curves are not ideal for the pq

Perhaps they will patch it but I am good with the fake HDR as long as I do not have to artificially raise my gamma or brightness
I noticed something by accident that I would like someone else to try. I turned HDR off on my console and then rebooted it. I then noticed I had a brightness slider instead of a HDR calibration slider. I then toggled HDR back on (still have a brightness slider) without rebooting my console and Red Dead 2 looks better than it ever has.

I thought I was going crazy at first when the brightness slider appeared or thought they patched HDR out. This may have been discussed or maybe I’m just wacko due to late nights from playing this game. But, I feel like this has made a huge difference for me.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 11-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #24580
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I noticed something by accident that I would like someone else to try. I turned HDR off on my console and then rebooted it. I then noticed I had a brightness slider instead of a HDR calibration slider. I then toggled HDR back on (still have a brightness slider) without rebooting my console and Red Dead 2 looks better than it ever has.

I thought I was going crazy at first when the brightness slider appeared or thought they patched HDR out. This may have been discussed or maybe I’m just wacko due to late nights from playing this game. But, I feel like this has made a huge difference for me.

Interesting. Gonna try this and see if I notice anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #24581
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

So I just bought my X a few weeks ago and was going to wait until it gets closer to the holidays to utilize my free month of Games Pass. With this $1 promo, I'm wondering if I should pounce on that first then use my free month? I haven't seen it written in stone, but from what I gather the $1 promo is for new subscribers. I'm guessing I can use the free month code that came with the system whenever.

Am I correct in this assumption? Should I buy the $1 promo first?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #24582
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
So I just bought my X a few weeks ago and was going to wait until it gets closer to the holidays to utilize my free month of Games Pass. With this $1 promo, I'm wondering if I should pounce on that first then use my free month? I haven't seen it written in stone, but from what I gather the $1 promo is for new subscribers. I'm guessing I can use the free month code that came with the system whenever.

Am I correct in this assumption? Should I buy the $1 promo first?

I got a free month with my X purchase and couldn’t use it because I subscribed before. Which is lame as **** imo.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #24583
MVP

OVR: 0

I would just use the free month because if you use the $1 for the first month, the code becomes invalid like Ricky says. On the bright side, six months and one year codes should be half price later this month.

With Mutant Year Zero (stealth turn based strategy RPG) being added to Game Pass day one (December 4th) as well as Ashen already being confirmed for Game Pass and should be released in late December as the official announcement will come at The Game Awards and finally, Gears 5 in a year from now and hopefully, Battletoads and Gears Tactics at some point in 2019 as well, $60 for a year of Game Pass basically covers everything and then some for me.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #24584
MVP

mestevo's Arena

From the presser the other day:

Now on Game pass:

- PUBG

- Thief of Thieves

Coming soon:

- Ori and The Blind Forest

- Kingdom: Two Crowns