Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #24593
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Hot on the heels of Sony opting out, we have MS rumors for E3:

- Xbox One w/ no disc
- Disc-to-digital program w/ participating retailers for gamers to trade in titles for digital copies
- Revised One S (lower manufacturing cost) in 2019

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/192184...elease-in-2019

Given the option I'd prefer a console w/ a disc drive, but can see the appeal and honestly can't tell you the last time we put a disc in ours.
Interesting. Makes sense to do bullet No. 2 if you're going to try out a digital-only console.

Not sure how a no disc drive XB1 would work with backwards compatibility, though.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #24594
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Interesting. Makes sense to do bullet No. 2 if you're going to try out a digital-only console.

Not sure how a no disc drive XB1 would work with backwards compatibility, though.
No reason it wouldn't work the same. Take it to a retailer, swap it for a digital entitlement I'd expect. It's then in your library indefinitely, playable on current and future Xbox consoles.

A fun wrinkle there would be if they were able to let us play those on Windows too at some point.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:25 AM   #24595
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Anyone download that free Crackdown?
Yeah I downloaded it and got the Crackdown 2 for $5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #24596
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

We rarely use the disc drive, though in the living room we have a bunch of Ninja Turtles DVDs my son does play. In the bedroom the drive is wonked (base Xbox one this happens a lot apparently), but we'd only use the drive for redbox, and I have a bluray player i can pull in quick for that.

I'd really like the disc to digital aspect, would mean in theory we could take advantage of the disc based sales on games yet still get them digital. If I'm getting something on a big sale then I'd be more likely to get more games.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:54 AM   #24597
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Latest MS acquisition rumor: IO interactive, creator/owner of the Hitman series of games.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #24598
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I’m having to hard reset my console out of standby mode an awful lot lately to get my OneX connected to live. Pretty annoying.
Standby mode has NEVER worked correctly for me on my original X1 or my X1X. It's a wasted feature that does not work in my opinion. I can go in standby mode two times and then I will have to do a full shut down to get everything to work correctly. Never have this problem on my PS4.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #24599
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0
Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Standby mode has NEVER worked correctly for me on my original X1 or my X1X. It's a wasted feature that does not work in my opinion. I can go in standby mode two times and then I will have to do a full shut down to get everything to work correctly. Never have this problem on my PS4.

It’s been fine for years for me. This current problem is new for me and seems to happen once or twice a week. I’m hoping it’s preview program related.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:19 PM   #24600
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I believe it has to do with the private network ip renewal and possibly something to do with uPnP on the router. Xbox has always been a bit more picky than PS ever has been going back to PS3 and 360.

I had the issue on an old linksys router I had 3 years ago or so. I got the Netgear X4S router in early 2016 and it cut down - it would happen to one of my X1's every few days or so rather than every day. I recently got the Negear Orbi about 2 months ago and it has yet to happen to any of my consoles (currently have 5 connected in the house.)

Aside from getting a new router, you can try to increase your IP lease time in your router settings, or try giving the console a static IP. Just guessing here though, it might not help you at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »