Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 03:13 PM   #36529
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Thanks fellas. I thought I could go cheap and still get 4k upscale capabilities with basic ps4(I do have a 4ktv). Looks like I will need to spend a lot more and go with the pro..Thanks again for the input..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:35 PM   #36530
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I have both PS4's and yes there is a difference. I have a 4k monitor I play on. MLB The show looks amazing as well on the Pro! Can't wait to see Spiderman in September

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 04-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #36531
Rookie

eremiomania's Arena

OVR: 0

I’ve had a PS4 since day 1. Recently got PSVR. Today got a 4K tv and a PS4 Pro and 1 4K hdmi cable.

Is it true HDR can’t pass through PSVR? So basically I need to have my unit disconnected anytime I’m playing a game on the tv I actually want to see in 4K hdr?

*EDIT*

I read this has been fixed in the updated PSVR unit. I'm pretty sure I have the updated unit because the headphones plug into the headset? But I guess I'd better buy another 4k hdmi cable so I don't have to unplug my psvr.

*FURTHER EDIT*

Ok so maybe I don't need to buy another 4k hdmi cable. I'm reading on multiple sites that the cable that comes with the pro is fine for 4k hdr which is not what the best buy guy told me of course. I guess I'll use the cable they talked me into buying to go from the psvr to the tv.

Last edited by eremiomania; 04-06-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #36532
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden_Drake
I’ve had a PS4 since day 1. Recently got PSVR. Today got a 4K tv and a PS4 Pro and 1 4K hdmi cable.

Is it true HDR can’t pass through PSVR? So basically I need to have my unit disconnected anytime I’m playing a game on the tv I actually want to see in 4K hdr?

*EDIT*

I read this has been fixed in the updated PSVR unit. I'm pretty sure I have the updated unit because the headphones plug into the headset? But I guess I'd better buy another 4k hdmi cable so I don't have to unplug my psvr.

*FURTHER EDIT*

Ok so maybe I don't need to buy another 4k hdmi cable. I'm reading on multiple sites that the cable that comes with the pro is fine for 4k hdr which is not what the best buy guy told me of course. I guess I'll use the cable they talked me into buying to go from the psvr to the tv.
They always try to sell ridiculously overpriced HDMI cables to people. You'll be fine using the HDMI cable that came with the Pro, or any other HDMI cable for that matter. Don't think I've spent more than $10 with shipping on HDMI cables.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #36533
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm not sure how many of you guys have played any of the Yakuza games, but you're missing out if you haven't. Pick up Yakuza Zero. It's a little goofy and dated, but the narrative more than makes up for that. The introduction to Majima is amazing.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #36534
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I'm not sure how many of you guys have played any of the Yakuza games, but you're missing out if you haven't. Pick up Yakuza Zero. It's a little goofy and dated, but the narrative more than makes up for that. The introduction to Majima is amazing.
I've never played the Yakuza series. It has always looked entertaining, but I've never brought myself to picking it up.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #36535
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

It is definitely a quirky series. The juxtaposition of the serious, character rich narrative to the goofy, wacky side-quests and the arcade beat-em-up of the combat strikes a quirky balance. It's a balance that should be at odds with one another, but somehow it works with this series.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #36536
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

You would think I would have played the series or at least tried it out since I'm big into Mafia stuff, but nope..

Going to see if I can find it on sale.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »