Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #37569
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Been reading and seeing lots of rumors regarding when the next SoP will air. Just rumors but we may see info regarding the PS5 and The LoU release date.

Quote:
It also referred to the possible planning of a PlayStation Meeting 2020. Although the exact details of the event were not disclosed, invitations to major publishers have supposedly been sent out, including Activision, Square Enix, Ubisoft, and EA. The meeting will apparently mirror the event from 2013, during which Sony revealed the PS4. This PlayStation Meeting 2020 is supposed to take place on February 12, 2020 and might show off the PS5. The “leak” ended by stating Sony is working on a PSVR 2, which will be presented “before the start of fiscal year 2021.”
Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ZipBQqDfKZD.99
Old 08-18-2019, 01:32 AM   #37570
All Star

OVR: 0

With GC this weekend and this I wonder if a new ratchet game is going to be shown after this. https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/s...373704192?s=20

Sure hope so its my second favorite video game franchise behind just Zelda and I would love to get another one on ps4 before the spiderman sequel most likely comes out on ps5 in a year or 2.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:46 AM   #37571
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
With GC this weekend and this I wonder if a new ratchet game is going to be shown after this. https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/s...373704192?s=20

Sure hope so its my second favorite video game franchise behind just Zelda and I would love to get another one on ps4 before the spiderman sequel most likely comes out on ps5 in a year or 2.
They better give us 60 FPS on any new title, that's literally all that I ask.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 01:32 AM   #37572
MVP

- That entire leak is most likely fake because while there is a good chance of a PlayStation Meeting In February 2020 to reveal the PlayStation 5 and copy what they did with PlayStation 4, it's also connected to that State of Play rumor which is completely fake simply because majority glossed over one simple detail - Along with Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part 2 (which both sound realistic and believable), the leak says that Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order will be shown. Just one small problem. Microsoft has the marketing deal for the game which means that there's no chance of it being shown on a future State of Play. In fact, outside of COD: MW, I don't believe that Sony has any marketing deals in place as majority are with Microsoft or nothing at all.

- I would expect Ratchet and Clank 2 at E3 2020 before I would expect it at Gamescom. Sony isn't going to reveal a major first party title on a third party showcase as opposed to their own. Sony is supposed to show something other than Death Stranding and all I will say is - don't hype yourself up because you may be disappointed.

- Next gen will definitely give us 60FPS but im hoping that it's locked and doesn't fluctuate. This gen, unless it's a FPS, it's normally 30FPS because the old outdated and obsolete CPU's just can't handle it unless the resolution and visual effects are turned down.

- With that all said, im looking forward to the Gamescom Showcase with Keighley and Inside Xbox a few hours earlier. Outside of Gears 5 campaign gameplay for Xbox One, im much more looking forward to the multi-platform games that will most likely be shown.

- Regardless of how both shows turn out, at least there's something going on to end the summer as we get ready for the massively packed Fall gaming season. Plus, next month is Tokyo Game Show followed by Paris Games Week in late October, XO19 in November and The Game Awards in December. Having one show a month is awesome as there's bound to be something for everyone.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #37573
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That wont happen at 4k

And hard for a company to promote 4k with ps4 pro and make their next console not be 4k when it aims for casual customers
Old 08-19-2019, 01:58 PM   #37574
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If we get a new one I just hope its a completely new game and not another remake type of thing like the last one was. I still loved ratchet and clank on ps4 but I rather get something completely new in the franchise.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #37575
All Star

Interesting just heard Sony bought insomniac games was breaking news during GC opening night just now. Also just saw spiderman has sold 13.2 million copies now.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 08-19-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #37576
MVP

Yep. Amazing acquisition by Sony. Happened sooner than I expected. Hopefully, they can acquire Kojima Productions and Remedy next.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »