Home

Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

This is a discussion on Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2022, 11:08 AM   #225
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps91
I didn't know this thread existed

Anyway, I have a decent GameCube collection. I sold a bunch of my GameCube games in 2006 when my GameCube went down. I've bought some back but some of those I really should have held on too, like Wario World.

I have a bunch of old basketball games, probably 70+. Starting to collect some old baseball ones now.

I grew up with a SNES and Genesis but I feel like most of those games that I want to play for those systems are available on the Switch Online thing and I have one of those modded SNES minis with a bunch of those, so I don't normally look for anything older than N64/PS
I don't know where you are in regards to Florence KY, but they have two really good stores that my buddy and I check out:

Nostalgia Games
And a place in the Florence Mall but I cannot think of the name LOL

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2022, 12:39 PM   #226
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't know where you are in regards to Florence KY, but they have two really good stores that my buddy and I check out:

Nostalgia Games
And a place in the Florence Mall but I cannot think of the name LOL
I live in Southeastern Kentucky so Florence is a bit out of my way. There are a few shops here. I try to go to one at least once a month. I like revisiting old sports games because there are teams I forget about and teams I get nostalgic about, plus they tend to be really cheap.
I just like GameCube games because it's my favorite console. I don't really have a desire to have a complete collection but I usually pick up a game for it every time I'm at a retro store or flea market if I can afford it. Just last week I picked up NBA Live 09 (PS3), High Heat Baseball 2004 (PS2), and Cel Damage (GameCube).
Old 05-24-2022, 12:45 PM   #227
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps91
I live in Southeastern Kentucky so Florence is a bit out of my way. There are a few shops here. I try to go to one at least once a month. I like revisiting old sports games because there are teams I forget about and teams I get nostalgic about, plus they tend to be really cheap.
I just like GameCube games because it's my favorite console. I don't really have a desire to have a complete collection but I usually pick up a game for it every time I'm at a retro store or flea market if I can afford it. Just last week I picked up NBA Live 09 (PS3), High Heat Baseball 2004 (PS2), and Cel Damage (GameCube).
I love the GameCube as does my 6 year old son. Aside from the Switch, that is his most played console.

Speaking of old games, I still play Madden 2005 to get my NFL football fix. Its fun playing thru as you said with guys from the past and even some that are still playing today.

Same with old NBA games, been trying to find the old ones on the Genesis but man they are hard to find.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:00 PM   #228
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I love the GameCube as does my 6 year old son. Aside from the Switch, that is his most played console.

Speaking of old games, I still play Madden 2005 to get my NFL football fix. Its fun playing thru as you said with guys from the past and even some that are still playing today.

Same with old NBA games, been trying to find the old ones on the Genesis but man they are hard to find.
The one game I've put more hours into than any other is NBA Live 2004 on the GameCube/PS2. I have a copy for each system and I've played both to death. It's my favorite game ever. The player ratings are brutal on that game but I love that. T-Mac and Kobe are like in the 90s and Stromile Swift is like 44 lol. I love it though. If you're playing through Dynasty, high rated players are really rare and playing as them is substantially different than playing as a mediocre player. I feel like at least once a year I'll get in a mood to play it and when I do I still can sink dozens of hours into it.

As a kid I had NBA Jam and Tecmo NBA Basketball on Genesis and I played both quite a bit. My cousins got a PS1 for Christmas or something and gave me all their Genesis stuff which was really cool at the time. My dad didn't have a great job and my mom didn't work so when it came to video games I kinda lived off 'hand me downs' until I was 9 or so when my dad got a better job. I still remember that NBA Jam box the Genesis cartridge was in smelled like a cherry popsicle for some reason, it's weird but that's a very distinct memory I have.

I've been looking for NBA Live 2001 (PS2), NBA Hoopz (PS2), and NBA Courtside 2 (N64) for the longest time but never see them anywhere. I could just order them off eBay or something but I want to FIND them lol. Just feels better that way.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:01 AM   #229
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Found this gem. First time seen in wild complete

67545111528__55FD151A-0731-42A1-A2AF-9EB0FC686919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Old 08-05-2022, 05:28 PM   #230
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Heading to Florence tomorrow

Great shops there

Hoping to score big

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Old 08-05-2022, 08:52 PM   #231
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Good luck, CB!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2022, 09:58 AM   #232
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Thanks DJ

We found some good stuff this trip. Rewarding given the fact the isolated showers/storms seemed to follow us on the 2 hour trip with blinding rain at times.

Scored some Genesis games, NES games, and PS1/PS2/PS3 games to fill out the collection. Found Atari games as well that I wanted.

One thing that I'm surprised at is how expensive used PS4's are going for. Standard PS4 is $350 while used Pro's are running $400. That's insane and highway robbery. Ridiculous!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »