Home

Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

This is a discussion on Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #17
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Now if we can get NFL 2K back..oh wait..it's backwards compatible so we will!!!!
... you know this isn't the case, right? Nothing says there are any changes to backward compatibility. Just adding another 'generation' (the current one).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #18
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

OVR: 0

This thing is ugly lol.

Im looking forward to NBA 2k and GTA 6.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #19
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Day one for this crusty old gamer! I don't care if it looks like an air purifier; as long as it can deliver 4K HDR @ 60 FPS+ on EVERY game, it'll will meet my acceptance criteria! I can see Forza 8 running at 120 FPS in 4K on this beast

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 12-13-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:34 PM   #20
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I'm ok with the design. My initial thought was that it looked boring and so PC-like. But as long as it is designed so that it can handle high performance, then I'm all for function over form. But, I don't really care for the same. I get it if it confirms the rumors of multiple SKUs. But i feel it too close to current models. Especially if we see a Series S. Makes me wonder if we see a Series X & Series S at launch, will there also be a mid gen refresh. I just don't see the need for a refresh this time around. I don't see 8k being that mainstream for another 4-5 years and any hardware improvements should be saved for following generation. With generations now being 6-7 years, I rather see them just focus on making sure it can last throughout generation. But I do see a slim version coming out mid gen.

I still getting a PS5 over this just because always been a Sony guy. But I'm sure my stepson will get this console, so I will be playing it when he isn't home.
The whole idea is to be done with "gens" hence the series name. Systems will come out with better specs ala PC but will be compatible with all other consoles as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 12-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #21
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
The whole idea is to be done with "gens" hence the series name. Systems will come out with better specs ala PC but will be compatible with all other consoles as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Microsoft is going to have to be careful how they pull this off though. A lot of the buying public has trouble distinguishing between an XBox One S and and XBox One X. That distinction is probably going to be even more blurred between XBox One X and XBox Series X. As an informed buyer and consumer, I like what they're doing with this, I just hope Microsoft can find a way of clearly presenting this so the general buying public is going to understand it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Microsoft is going to have to be careful how they pull this off though. A lot of the buying public has trouble distinguishing between an XBox One S and and XBox One X. That distinction is probably going to be even more blurred between XBox One X and XBox Series X. As an informed buyer and consumer, I like what they're doing with this, I just hope Microsoft can find a way of clearly presenting this so the general buying public is going to understand it.
I expect that to be a lot simpler by the time the X launches. They'll blow through inventory over the summer and some version of the One X will become the base SKU with the Series X the premium offering.

At some point there will need to be a 'software is compatible for Xbox One X and newer' point in their ecosystem, that will be where they need to be careful.

That a dev can target the specs of the 360 and release software that plays on every console in the ecosystem for the foreseeable future is pretty remarkable.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:22 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Part of me always think, that there shouldn't be any confusion. But to the casual mom/GF who doesn't have a clue, it can be confusing. One can assume if there is a Xbox Series S, than Xbox One X would have to drop its price below the lower SKU model. If not, it would cause some serious confusion. There should be at least a $100 gap between Xbox one X and possible Series S. I can see a mom or GF getting confused with similar style name and similar price.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #24
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Part of me always think, that there shouldn't be any confusion. But to the casual mom/GF who doesn't have a clue, it can be confusing. One can assume if there is a Xbox Series S, than Xbox One X would have to drop its price below the lower SKU model. If not, it would cause some serious confusion. There should be at least a $100 gap between Xbox one X and possible Series S. I can see a mom or GF getting confused with similar style name and similar price.
You make a good point. If they can't understand anything else, uninformed buyers understand price differences. I think the XBox"Series" generation is going to wind up having an XBox Series X (12 teraflops at $500) and an XBox Series S (4 teraflops at $250 to $300). If I set out to buy a $300 XBox console, I don't think I'd buy the $500 one out of confusion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »