Home

Will there be any other opportunities for us working people to preorder a PS5?

This is a discussion on Will there be any other opportunities for us working people to preorder a PS5? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2020, 07:34 PM   #41
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Will there be any other opportunities for us working people to preorder a PS5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Why not just do good old fashioned pre-orders?? First come, first served. Pay up front, or with a deposit.

Are retailers that lazy these days? I find that really hard to believe, given what I see as insane demand, and with a massive recession staring everyone in the face.

Just pathetic, really.
A lot of why everything is online is due to the current pandemic we find ourselves in. Retailers are trying to limit the masses in the stores in an effort to protect their employees and attempt to follow Covid guidelines.

It has nothing to do with laziness as I'm sure all of these retailers would be glad to be open for business as usual, but unfortunately in these times, that isn't possible.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #42
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will there be any other opportunities for us working people to preorder a PS5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
If I don't sell it, I'm going to return it once it arrives.

I will update everyone if and when it is sold.
I think I could have had 2 as well. Costco launched their ad right as I was checking out at Best Buy.

(Not judging you, you have the right to do what you like) but I hope most double-buyers return their units, rather than gore the folks that missed out due to this absolute cluster..
Old 11-12-2020, 07:44 PM   #43
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
A lot of why everything is online is due to the current pandemic we find ourselves in. Retailers are trying to limit the masses in the stores in an effort to protect their employees and attempt to follow Covid guidelines.

It has nothing to do with laziness as I'm sure all of these retailers would be glad to be open for business as usual, but unfortunately in these times, that isn't possible.
I have no problem whatsoever with keeping people out of stores. I don't see how that is a prerequisite
for doing a pre-order.

Pre-orders could have been done online, completely safe. They obviously knew their inventory, or they wouldn't have had Walmart doing staggered releases. And they could have made people pre-pay in full to prevent people buying up all the stock.

Sorry, Covid or not, this was a gong show.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 11-12-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:53 PM   #44
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I think I could have had 2 as well. Costco launched their ad right as I was checking out at Best Buy.

(Not judging you, you have the right to do what you like) but I hope most double-buyers return their units, rather than gore the folks that missed out due to this absolute cluster..
I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone. I posted the bundle for exactly what I paid. I'm sure it's easier to return than sell it to someone on here, but I thought I'd at least try and help someone out. When I initially ordered the bundle, I was very excited, but it was pricey.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I have no problem with wanting to keep people out of stores. Absolute polar opposite of that.

I don't see a valid reason why they couldn't do an old fashioned pre-order system. It can be done online, completely safe. They obviously knew their inventory, or they wouldn't have had Walmart doing staggered releases. And they could have made people pre-pay in full to prevent people buying up all the stock.

Sorry, Covid or not, this was a gong show.
They did do "old fashioned" pre-orders online and much like with the launch day free for all consoles, they are being fought over and unfortunately in cases being bought by bots.

And pre-orders are essentially pre-paid in advance and I don't know how that would've deterred people from buying up all the stock? You have to have the funds available to pre-order and its typically taken out of your account periodically during the pre-order to launch timeframe to ensure funds are available.

There's no doubt this is a mess, but its what is to be expected when you do online only sales, and unfortunately there will always be those who find ways to "cheat" the system.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2020, 08:57 PM   #46
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Going up for sale at Walmart.com in 4 minutes.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone. I posted the bundle for exactly what I paid. I'm sure it's easier to return than sell it to someone on here, but I thought I'd at least try and help someone out. When I initially ordered the bundle, I was very excited, but it was pricey.
*EDIT* Sorry, just saw where you said they were both digital, definitely have to have the disc version, my apologies
Interested.....PM and maybe we can discuss this more

Last edited by RollTideRoll0929; 11-12-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:10 PM   #48

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
*EDIT* Sorry, just saw where you said they were both digital, definitely have to have the disc version, my apologies
Interested.....PM and maybe we can discuss this more
Hate to be that guy but selling things on OS is against the TOS.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »