Home

High inside fastball

This is a discussion on High inside fastball within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 01:37 AM   #41
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: High inside fastball

Thanks for the advice. I might actually look into a monitor, video games are a pretty big part of my life and I want to make sure I'm having the best experience possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #42
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0

man I really might have to just sell the game. I can't hit, at all. I'm actually considering putting together a bunt team, it's that bad. it's not even just high inside fastballs, I can't hit anything. throw anything, if it's a ball i'll swing anyway because it looks like it's going right down the middle. throw it right over the plate if you want, I'll be late so it doesn't matter.

if I put my batting on directional to focus on timing more, get a good swing on a changeup you couldn't put more in the middle of the plate if you tried and I still miss. I really want to like the game, it's just not fun when you can't hit the ball.

if this is all because of my TV then I have to chalk that up as a game flaw. I don't have any problems playing any other game as far as my TV is concerned.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #43
Rookie

I just switched my hitting view to catcher classic 3 n now I RAKE... Pounding out at least 8 hits a game now... I use that view with the directional swing always held to pull the ball and just wait for a pitch on the inner 2/3rds of the plate... Just wait it out for the pitch your looking for even if you have to take a strike or 2 and you'll start to hit... Before I switched to this strategy I was a lock for double didget strike outs and 3-4 hits if I was lucky... I don't think you need to switch your tvs or buy monitors that's overkill just get a good view where you can read pitches n wait for what your looking for and you'll start hitting... WARNING: This does NOT apply to Chris Sale he still is unreadable IMO lol
Old 06-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #44
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

I've been having some success hitting the fastball by literally telling myself "fastball" before the pitch. I have to make sure I'm anticipating the fastball ever pitch. If I look for it, I have a shot to not be late on it, and I will still be able to react to offspeed, for the most part.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #45
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOSwing815
I just switched my hitting view to catcher classic 3 n now I RAKE... Pounding out at least 8 hits a game now... I use that view with the directional swing always held to pull the ball and just wait for a pitch on the inner 2/3rds of the plate... Just wait it out for the pitch your looking for even if you have to take a strike or 2 and you'll start to hit... Before I switched to this strategy I was a lock for double didget strike outs and 3-4 hits if I was lucky... I don't think you need to switch your tvs or buy monitors that's overkill just get a good view where you can read pitches n wait for what your looking for and you'll start hitting... WARNING: This does NOT apply to Chris Sale he still is unreadable IMO lol
Tell that to everyone I face. It seems that lately, I'm getting crushed when I pitch Sale. He's not fooling anybody.

Right now, I only have two guys raking, Will Clark and Carlos Santana. I aim up and in with these two, and with less than two strikes, I'll let other pitches go. I know the opponent sees those up and in cold zones, and will eventually try to put a fastball there. That's when these two pounce. For some reason though, my righties don't hit the same way. I'm either at good timing, and will hit a hard grounder or popup, or will foul off when early. Clark and Santana crush the ball with slight early timing at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 12:22 PM   #46
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Just thought about something. This probably won't apply the majority of pitchers but it's worth noting. If you know the BB/9 of the pitcher you are facing it may help with your approach. If the pitcher has a low BB/9 he will get less calls on the black so let those pitches go by.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:54 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

I usually just lay off of them, and leave it up to the umpire. Sometimes he'll call them strikes and sometimes he won't. It sucks.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:07 PM   #48
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

Played some guy with 1800+ rating.

He kept throwing high fastballs with Sale all damn game. After like 3 innings of him throwing high I left my PCI up and hit back to back homeruns. He calmed down with the high heat. I won the game 7-2

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »