Home

SDS ban hammer thousdans for exploit

This is a discussion on SDS ban hammer thousdans for exploit within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #97
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: SDS ban hammer thousdans for exploit

I believe they are looking at their data incorrectly. Do I think people need to be banned for this type of behavior, absolutely, but regardless of what some people say on here some users have been banned for no reason. I have been banned however I have never been on the community marketplace outside of the actual game on PS4. In fact, I didn't even know this existed. All this time I have been thinking to myself that I would bring that up as an idea for 17's wishlist.

After reading through this topic I think I have an idea as to why my account may have been banned. Like I said in a previous post I like to work the market, especially the first month the game is out (until I get bored with it) to see what kind of team I can put together to play a friend. I got a rookie flashback ryan zimmerman card with my day 1 preorder packs and about a month in decided to put him on the market for 100,000. I did this jokingly as I didn't actually really want to get rid of him but if he went I would buy him again. Surprisingly someone did buy him, so I thought to myself holy **** lets try this again. I think I ended up selling him twice more after buying him on the market, less each time. At this point I had worked myself up to around 200,000 by just flipping rookie Ryan Zimmerman. Eventually others figured out the potential value of rookie flashbacks with missions to unlock so it became harder and harder to buy them on the market. I shifted my attention to other rookie flashbacks to flip (molina, rollins, etc.) however each time I would try to get one of these players I would be outbid by 1 stub after 5 minutes of placing it. I tried for about 2-3 weeks switching between players to try and sneak in and actually win a bid for them but no luck. This required me to cancel orders and put orders in for other players. Maybe this is what SCEA is looking at when deciding to ban players, the number of canceled orders? Average bids I placed were in the 110000-130,000 range. I think I would have noticed an extra 100,000 stubs in my account. But again, I have never logged on to the marketplace from anywhere but the PS4. This is the only thing I can think of that may have caused my account to get banned.

It would be very easy to look at my account. Calculate the total number of stubs I have had overall with the actual orders I have placed/completed and they would see every stub would match. Like someone said earlier, I don't like feeling like I did something wrong or immoral here. I also don't like to not be able to play a game I spent $100 for either. I really hope SCEA figures this out because they are going to lose some very loyal, innocent customers, myself included.

Also if anyone has any contact information outside of twitter they can pass along to me so I can send this to SCEA it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-29-2016, 01:41 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aochaz14

Also if anyone has any contact information outside of twitter they can pass along to me so I can send this to SCEA it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Sure give me your username and password...I'll look it up - That should be in sarcasm font.

I'd go to TSN forums find a user name that has the _SDS in it and message them, they have responded to me and from what I have read others too...
Old 06-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Who found out it was 1500 users or is this just a guesstimate?

I think the first time I heard that figure was in CB5's video.
I think it's a way over guesstimate read my post #96...
Old 06-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #100
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aochaz14
I believe they are looking at their data incorrectly. Do I think people need to be banned for this type of behavior, absolutely, but regardless of what some people say on here some users have been banned for no reason. I have been banned however I have never been on the community marketplace outside of the actual game on PS4. In fact, I didn't even know this existed. All this time I have been thinking to myself that I would bring that up as an idea for 17's wishlist.

After reading through this topic I think I have an idea as to why my account may have been banned. Like I said in a previous post I like to work the market, especially the first month the game is out (until I get bored with it) to see what kind of team I can put together to play a friend. I got a rookie flashback ryan zimmerman card with my day 1 preorder packs and about a month in decided to put him on the market for 100,000. I did this jokingly as I didn't actually really want to get rid of him but if he went I would buy him again. Surprisingly someone did buy him, so I thought to myself holy **** lets try this again. I think I ended up selling him twice more after buying him on the market, less each time. At this point I had worked myself up to around 200,000 by just flipping rookie Ryan Zimmerman. Eventually others figured out the potential value of rookie flashbacks with missions to unlock so it became harder and harder to buy them on the market. I shifted my attention to other rookie flashbacks to flip (molina, rollins, etc.) however each time I would try to get one of these players I would be outbid by 1 stub after 5 minutes of placing it. I tried for about 2-3 weeks switching between players to try and sneak in and actually win a bid for them but no luck. This required me to cancel orders and put orders in for other players. Maybe this is what SCEA is looking at when deciding to ban players, the number of canceled orders? Average bids I placed were in the 110000-130,000 range. I think I would have noticed an extra 100,000 stubs in my account. But again, I have never logged on to the marketplace from anywhere but the PS4. This is the only thing I can think of that may have caused my account to get banned.

It would be very easy to look at my account. Calculate the total number of stubs I have had overall with the actual orders I have placed/completed and they would see every stub would match. Like someone said earlier, I don't like feeling like I did something wrong or immoral here. I also don't like to not be able to play a game I spent $100 for either. I really hope SCEA figures this out because they are going to lose some very loyal, innocent customers, myself included.

I don't think that is the reason they would have banned you, I do the exact same thing, I was making 60K a day flipping MC McCutchen with 10-20K gaps each flip, Had Harper Flipped twice in 5 minutes which netted me 41K.

I am not saying you are guilty of something else, but if being aggressive and out smarting the community and taking advantage of large gaps was the crime, there would be so many more people banned, me included.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:50 PM   #101
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
Sure give me your username and password...I'll look it up - That should be in sarcasm font.

I'd go to TSN forums find a user name that has the _SDS in it and message them, they have responded to me and from what I have read others too...
Haha, thanks man I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
I don't think that is the reason they would have banned you, I do the exact same thing, I was making 60K a day flipping MC McCutchen with 10-20K gaps each flip, Had Harper Flipped twice in 5 minutes which netted me 41K.

I am not saying you are guilty of something else, but if being aggressive and out smarting the community and taking advantage of large gaps was the crime, there would be so many more people banned, me included.
Yea thats what I was thinking too. I did the same thing last year with certain players as well. Again I considered this working the market and flipping cards. My only thought then is the large number of canceled orders. I guess we will see if I'm ever able to get a hold of someone from SCEA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #102
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
I am curious, I have never been a part of a community with mass bannings, but not one person has came out yet and said they actually did do this, and got caught.

Is it just 1500 people who all got caught trying to act like they didn't do wrong? There has to be someone in this forum who actually did it and got caught.

I say this because everyone who claims to have been banned for no reason, are claiming to have played the game the exact same way that I and so many others have done, But we are all still able to play the game, and didn't fall into the 1 percent of the massive exploit.
So much this, lol. Funny how that works. Certainly there might be some innocents mixed in, but for them to all be innocents is beyond a stretch of plausibility.

Also, the overdose of detail that some people are giving to try and establish innocence (I woke up at 7 AM yesterday and I put in a buy order at 2k stubs for Joey Votto, then I ate a bowl of Cheerios, but not the regular Cheerios..the Honey Nut ones with bits of banana mixed in. Then I saw the price on Votto went up so I cancelled the order on my mobile that just happened to also be on TSN page even though I made the buy order from the console...but, I only do it like that 3 times per month so it's not a big deal...what were we talking about again?); a lot of the time over-elaboration of details is a way to detect that someone is lying. More detail =/= what really happened. I'd venture that some of the slickest liars come up with the most plausibly fantastic cover stories.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:24 PM   #103
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
'd venture that some of the slickest liars come up with the most plausibly fantastic cover stories.
Similarly, there are a lot of people demanding the release of transaction histories, expecting that cancelled transactions don't show up in their histories and therefore they would look legit.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #104
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
So much this, lol. Funny how that works. Certainly there might be some innocents mixed in, but for them to all be innocents is beyond a stretch of plausibility.

Also, the overdose of detail that some people are giving to try and establish innocence (I woke up at 7 AM yesterday and I put in a buy order at 2k stubs for Joey Votto, then I ate a bowl of Cheerios, but not the regular Cheerios..the Honey Nut ones with bits of banana mixed in. Then I saw the price on Votto went up so I cancelled the order on my mobile that just happened to also be on TSN page even though I made the buy order from the console...but, I only do it like that 3 times per month so it's not a big deal...what were we talking about again?); a lot of the time over-elaboration of details is a way to detect that someone is lying. More detail =/= what really happened. I'd venture that some of the slickest liars come up with the most plausibly fantastic cover stories.
You would be doing the same if you were banned for no obvious reason. Not all but some of us are posting this in hopes that others may have similar circumstances and figure out exactly what went wrong/happened here. I agree people did some shady ****, and many players are unfortunately not owning up to it which is making it difficult for others, myself included to get this resolved.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »