Home

Your favorite player so far?

This is a discussion on Your favorite player so far? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2017, 03:56 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Your favorite player so far?

Hitter: Kurt Suzuki Live Version. No idea why, but I'm hitting close to .450 with him with 8 HR in about 30 games.

Pitcher David Robertson. Lights out in relief. I have a crap starting rotation so full of bronzes. I have no luck and no stubs.

My DD team is crap. Full of 78-81 with Trea Turner as my gold loyalty.

Last edited by kilmar1; 04-10-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love the David Wright Rookie Card (.386/17/37), just seems like if I need a hit to bring in a run, or someone to smack one out of the park, he's a guy I can rely on.

Also love Rizzo for the same reason. hitting @ .378 with 28 HRs and 56 RBIs.

On the pitching side of things, I love Hunter Strickland and his 100mph Fast Ball. Recently also picked up Kelley, and he's been great to use in the middle innings of Conquest games, as he rarely gives up a hit let alone a run.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #51
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

Absolutely love the Jonny Damon and Jim Palmer mission starter cards that I got with the game. Palmer is a strike out machine and I love his pitching motion despite the modest ratings. Damon slaps hits all over the yard including enough pop to hit bombs off rightys. He's a fantastic lead off hitter

I pulled a Gary Sanchez from a pack, and nearly sold him for stubs because his price seems pretty high in the market. But I decided to give him a shot as my C and he's done nothing but hit BOMBS. He leads my team in HR by ALOT, and he is always mashing. His ratings don't suggest it but he hits like a diamond level player for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #52
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

I actually have been killing it with Brad Miller.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #53
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

OVR: 0

Eric Hosmer has been an absolute beast for me from the left side and from the ride Jung Ho Kang has been insane too. Number 3 and 4 hitters in my lineup
Old 04-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #54
Rookie

Corey Dickerson is killing it for me. Good contact and power and when his IE is at 5 star he's a monster against righties.

As far as pitchers go Danny Salazar and Danny Duffy have given me good success.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #55
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

1. Diamond Glen Perkins. Guy has been nothing but K's for me. If I need 2 innings, he's super reliable.
2. Diamond Buddy Bell. He's a really hard out with 90+ contact against lefties AND righties, and can play SS and 3B, which is a huge plus, since I have a wealth of 3B, and a dearth of SS players.
3. Mark Trumbo. I have no idea why, but he just clobbers everything no matter what
4. Mark Melancon. Pretty much always 93 OVR at a gold price, he's an absolute steal, and again, unhittable.
5. Carlos Santana. He's always by best hitting catcher, again, murders baseballs dead, and can play either Catcher or 1B

-
POWER GAP
-

9001. Rookie Jason Heyward. Guy can't hit a ball off a tee. He's almost the worst
9002. All-Star Brock Holt. It's not that he's bad(he's not). It's that his challenge is taking forever!
9003. Rookie Dante Bichette. I don't feel the need to explain myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 04:29 AM   #56
Rookie

TookTheCrown's Arena

Reggie F. Jackson has been killing it both on and offline. Story and Diaz were both killing it for me before I upgraded my infield.

Sabathia runs through lefty stacked lineups online. Duffy, Salazar, Richards, and rookie Feller have all been lights out as well so I've had a hard time finding a spot for live Archer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »