Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 08:39 AM   #5601
Rookie

Ghoste's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
I just wasted 45 minutes of my life on this trash game.

I was working on the conquest extreme map and trying to steal fans from the A's. Nothing I was hitting was falling. At all. PCI placement didn't matter. Nothing mattered. Almost every out was a 13 or higher. I was centering fastballs up in the zone with Babe Ruth against RHP. Routine flyout. P/P lineouts. Crushing non-P/P liners right at people with runners on.

Then, Craig Biggio dropped a ****ing fastball at home plate. Dropped it. Just dropped it. It wasn't a wild pitch. It wasn't in the dirt. It was like 2 inches out of the zone and he dropped it and that allowed 39 speed Tony Kemp to move to second. Then Matt Chapman fouled off like 15 ****ing pitches and eventually hit a double to tie the game.

I ended up in the 6th ****ing inning in a bull**** conquest game because this game decided it wanted to be annoying as ****. No positive outcomes hitting. A catcher with good defense inexplicably drops a ****ing pitch for no reason. And the CPU fouled off like 60+ pitches and drained all my pitchers while their pitchers were still in the game, on zero energy, hitting kids in the stands with wild pitches and then throwing absolute dots to get to two strikes. Then I square up their hanging pitches and watch them get low exit velo for lazy outs.

And then Marcus Semien hits a fastball up and out of the zone for a HR to put the final nail in this bull**** coffin. If you want me to lose the game, just ****ing tell me at the beginning of the game so I don't waste 45 minutes. I just turned my Playstation off out of disgust against the CPU and didn't even get the stars or progress for anything because I'm so tired from work today and this made me want to jump out the ****ing window.

go braves
No joke, the A’s beat me in similar fashion with a Semien walk-off to ruin my beat the A’s before turn 5. I had to play an extra 30 minutes to just go after the A’s again. The dead ball games aren’t fun. Yeah when you are barreling P/P balls with Babe, Trout, and Mick that are just routine fly balls are lame. When the CPU wants to win, they are going to win. There is no stopping it. Haha

-ghoste
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #5602
MVP

OVR: 11

Well Tuesday night in the event, I turned my first ever triple play in the game. Dude hit a foul ball 1st base side. For whatever reason he sent his runners. Belli caught it, ran to one for the out and tossed it over to second for the third out.

Last edited by kenp86; 10-01-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #5603
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste
No joke, the A’s beat me in similar fashion with a Semien walk-off to ruin my beat the A’s before turn 5. I had to play an extra 30 minutes to just go after the A’s again. The dead ball games aren’t fun. Yeah when you are barreling P/P balls with Babe, Trout, and Mick that are just routine fly balls are lame. When the CPU wants to win, they are going to win. There is no stopping it. Haha

-ghoste
I'm not sure what it is but playing at Oakland is always like that when playing a conquest game or even a showdown moment. The ball just dies there and the outfielders make ridiculous plays.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 10-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #5604
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
ROFL I just read that again and I was so tired and cranky.

So the bosses almost surely include Wagner right? They showed the conquest map which should feature the bosses and henchmen plus a player program maybe. I figured he'd be a boss so that makes sense. A's could be Foxx or Grove. There's another Brave coming. They've been shoveling bullpen arms so maybe Kimbrel? Or I could see someone like Murphy as the player program
These are the guys I see left in the mix...ignoring more of those annoying future star cards.

Oakland: Vida Blue confirmed (henchman)
Pittsburgh: Wagner, Kiner, Mazerowski
St. Louis: Isringhausen (my gut says Gibson will be a WS/BR reward)
Atlanta: Kimbrel, Murphy, Niekro, Spahn
LAD: Jansen (is there anyone else?)
Cincy: Morgan, Dunn, maybe Votto
Arizona: we know it's Finley as a henchman

They really need to come through this inning; last inning was very meh. I'd love to see Morgan, Wagner, and a third guy here.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-01-2020 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:23 AM   #5605
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
These are the guys I see left in the mix...ignoring more of those annoying future star cards.

They really need to come through this inning; last inning was very meh. I'd love to see Morgan, Wagner, and a third guy here.
I was very happy with ty cobb, i was gonna buy kershaw but I havent yet...I have a lot of SP i haven't even used. Just got kerry wood and only used once so far.

I thought the 4 pitch vida blue early in the year was pretty good, I pitched well with him. I don't think he had a cutter or slider, so if they added one of those that would be worth using I think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 10:55 AM   #5606
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
I'm not sure what it is but playing at Oakland is always like that when playing a conquest game or even a showdown moment. The ball just dies there and the outfielders make ridiculous plays.
Oakland A's stands for oakland *******s

A sig Vida would be awesome. We didn't get a card like that last year right?
Old 10-01-2020, 11:36 AM   #5607
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
I was very happy with ty cobb, i was gonna buy kershaw but I havent yet...I have a lot of SP i haven't even used. Just got kerry wood and only used once so far.

I thought the 4 pitch vida blue early in the year was pretty good, I pitched well with him. I don't think he had a cutter or slider, so if they added one of those that would be worth using I think
I took Pudge from the pack then bought Cobb and have been happy with both. I went ahead and bought Cobb because I sold Walker when I was trying to complete Mantle and waited too long to buy him back and regret it now. I'm not spending 200k on him now. Walker is definitely better than Cobb though.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 10-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #5608
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

I'm hoping Edmonds will be the other henchmen, I'd much rather have that than Izzy. I'll be disappointed if Gibson is a WS/BR reward as I just spent a million on Pujols, but I doubt he will be a boss since there hasn't been repeats yet. The only 2 must have cards remaining for me is a 99 Griffey and a 99 Gibson (hopefully a 1968 MVP awards card).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »