Home

Offline DD Players - so far it's a blast

This is a discussion on Offline DD Players - so far it's a blast within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2020, 03:38 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Offline DD Players - so far it's a blast

I got done w the first inning conquest map tonight.

Just to let newbies know, you don't have to play all the games on the map if you don't want to - except strongholds which you have to play.

I got enough of an army built up like 30 strong at each stronghold that i could play vs the cpu on veteran difficulty. It was a pretty moderate conquest map but had fun.

I know like every other year i'll bore w/ this conquest mode but at least them giving us mulitple maps is good.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
It works best to surround your base with at least one all around. Then head south or north.

Only put numbers in to spots to keep them even with the computer spots. or at most one spot under. So if the computer puts 2 on a space adjacent to yours put 2 in.

Steal for the first few rounds to get an advantage. Make sure you steal from teams that are closer to you first so they can't expand as quickly.

Once you get to the south work clockwise or counter clockwise.

Losing spots can help you some times as long as they don't get to your base. The computer like to blow it's wad so you can usually just load up a spot and take all of them back the next turn and then the computer wasted a bunch of numbers.

After the first 3 or 4 rounds you can pretty much start building up spots to simulate and take over territory. I usually only attack if I get high for probability, but, if you are in a good spot you can chance mediums. You really get tortured for that some times. Getting to the edge of the map and then working around in one direction seems to work on all most all maps.

Thanks! I ended up getting through it late Saturday night by just being aggressive. I did I not protect anything and just went after the strongholds.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #19
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

OVR: 1

I thought Custom Leagues were also something you could to play the CPU with your Diamond Dynasty team but it's Online only. This was a main reason I purchased the game was to do like a "season" with my DD team. Really bummed on this.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:34 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherforbaseball
I thought Custom Leagues were also something you could to play the CPU with your Diamond Dynasty team but it's Online only. This was a main reason I purchased the game was to do like a "season" with my DD team. Really bummed on this.
yup it sucks. i forever wanted an offline option where i could use my DD team in a season or franchise mode. It's probably me and you and another handful of people wanting this which amounts to nothing for sony.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:33 AM   #21
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, a lot of us would have loved an offline Custom League, especially as an alternative to grinding games in Conquest to earn program stars or affinity innings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 08:32 PM   #22
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
yup it sucks. i forever wanted an offline option where i could use my DD team in a season or franchise mode. It's probably me and you and another handful of people wanting this which amounts to nothing for sony.
I'm in the handful with you.

Decided to try DD for the first time, after ignoring it forever. Kinda cool. Now I wish I could take my DD team into ANY other mode ... is that possible?

Sounds like no.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #23
MVP

papadell's Arena

Not really. You can use it in Events right now (kinda) and Ranked Seasons. That's it. You can do Play vs CPU and grind innings and stats and have them count. You can use it in Extra Innings, where you play CPU controlled DD teams from other people but those games don't count for anything.

It took them until the end of summer last year I think to add the Sig Team stuff and even then you had limited time to use your DD team.

They really need to add more DD related stuff to do. Said it last year but an offline, RS style "gauntlet" where you play against the CPU and earn rewards and stuff would be awesome. Make it a repeatable thing like Conquest and maybe even scale rewards for increased difficulties or something.

I hardly ever want to play online because of the lag, toxic community and the BS gameplay we have to deal with. If I was able to use my DD team offline in a meaningful way it wouldn't make all the bad stuff feel so bad when there is a good escape option.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:35 AM   #24
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961
I'm in the handful with you.

Decided to try DD for the first time, after ignoring it forever. Kinda cool. Now I wish I could take my DD team into ANY other mode ... is that possible?

Sounds like no.
You can use them in Leagues, if they ever get fixed and re-enabled, but that is an online only mode that will require other players to be involved at least to some extent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »