Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2022, 03:27 PM   #817
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Was at 295k as of yesterday morning. I legit have nothing to do until they release more content this week. I'm just playing events because of the 2k per win. Went 30-12 and now I'm up to 40 some wins. Just grinding XP etc. I took Seaver and Britton in my boss packs.
Did they update Seaver's windup yet? I don't think they "forgot" with Orel and Seaver I think it was deliberate. Orel at least makes some sense since he's been a meta staple. Changing windups could cause cards to be used less. But I don't recall Seaver ever being "meta" in fact I think he was usually slept on. They had others like Lefty Grove changed as far back as the Tech Test.

Painfully got up to 20 wins. Even these last couple games I won the pitch speeds felt wonky as Hell. I forgot about the second rewind pack at 25 wins and so I might (unsurprisingly) go back on my plan of stopping at 20.

Got a 5 bundle from the Program and pulled Freddie Freeman. Sold him for close to 18k. It looks like the Dodgers collection got less expensive after the last roster update but I'm not anywhere close. I think I'm back to keep saving for Acuna. Really should have bought him when he was around 120k. Didn't even think that he might shoot up once he got back with IE.

FotF still slowly climbing. The second they drop a FotF pack or some kind of rewind I think these fall again. Trying to decide the best time to start selling. I divested and didn't just focus on the "good" cards like Williams and Chapman. I snapped up all the ones I could under 10k so I might start shooting those into the marketplace sooner. Williams and Chapman should be staple RP for a good while but more people probably took them.

Like Josh Bell is 21k right now. He's my no-sell NL East so I can't sell him or I would. I'm surprised Bryan Reynolds is only 14k but maybe a lot of people took him, too. Trout was up to 25k last night and back down to 20k.

Gonna be interesting to see how they go. I'm almost on the side of selling early this year with the Rewind packs in Events already and just the general flow of the market.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:34 PM   #818
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I sold most of the FotF guys I bought for cheap to afford Trout (who I’m hitting horribly with), but still have a few. I think selling them off before they drop a pack is probably a smart move. I wonder how many of them we’ll need for a collection reward. They already have a reward for 12, so maybe 16 or 20?
Old 05-02-2022, 03:45 PM   #819
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I sold most of the FotF guys I bought for cheap to afford Trout (who I’m hitting horribly with), but still have a few. I think selling them off before they drop a pack is probably a smart move. I wonder how many of them we’ll need for a collection reward. They already have a reward for 12, so maybe 16 or 20?
That's the other thing. But if they are going to drop packs, be it Rewinds or actual FotF packs, there's probably a sweet spot in terms of cards to keep. Then when they start handing packs out we could build up our collections that way.

I spent a ton of money last year and still couldn't finish the collections when they dropped. Spending nothing this year, my prospects of finishing anything early are very slim. And lacking motivation for the LS just kinda has me lost on what to do with stubs/generating stubs. I still don't think I'll be playing Ranked anytime soon with how the gameplay is right now. So even adding Acuna or anyone else from the LS to my team doesn't do much for me.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:16 PM   #820
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
That's the other thing. But if they are going to drop packs, be it Rewinds or actual FotF packs, there's probably a sweet spot in terms of cards to keep. Then when they start handing packs out we could build up our collections that way.
This is kinda what I was doing with the cover athlete guys. I got my one from the pre-order, bought a couple of others early, and then grabbed one Friday from the sale (I know I want to complete it....so the 15k was a bargain). I was biding my time....I have a base to start....let it build from there.

That said...I strongly suspect that the 96 Mauer will be one of the possible collections we need for the first BIG collection and I am already planning to bypass the FOTF guys for a long while. Even if SDS rolls out packs for the cover athletes, it might be a long while before I can cheaply earn them all (like the 42 series last year). In fact, some of those prices might go up at the time the big collection comes out.

In a roundabout way....I've almost convinced myself to go for that 96 Mauer now....hmmmm....
Old 05-02-2022, 04:32 PM   #821
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
In a roundabout way....I've almost convinced myself to go for that 96 Mauer now....hmmmm....
Mauer has been worth every mystery conquest game I did and selling everything to go for him if that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2022, 04:32 PM   #822
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Every time I try to launch the game on Xbox it’s telling me there is a network problem, even though I’m signed in online. Just checked on PS5 and it’s working, weird. Playing an event game and it’s going to take some adjustment with how loose the PS controller sticks are compared to the Elite controller where I have the tension set to as tight as possible.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:49 PM   #823
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

One of the things I’m kind of curious to see how it plays out is the monthly program. I know they’ve send on the feeds that Topps Now are sellable, but they don’t recommend it because they’ll be needed.

I’ve been surprised by the number of people selling though, and do wonder how many people selling know they’ll need them back. If you don’t watch the feeds I wonder how many expect to be able to get them back as part of monthly. I imagine they are going to continue to go up, but could see these going up quite a bit if people aren’t aware.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:01 PM   #824
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Every time I try to launch the game on Xbox it’s telling me there is a network problem, even though I’m signed in online. Just checked on PS5 and it’s working, weird. Playing an event game and it’s going to take some adjustment with how loose the PS controller sticks are compared to the Elite controller where I have the tension set to as tight as possible.
I've had trouble finding games today. Taking longer than usual and getting a lot of "challenge failed" alerts. There was a stretch where like 5-6 times in a row I couldn't even load into a game.

Kept checking my network. Still Open NAT and everything else is good. Maybe there's something with Xbox today because the games have felt awful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »