Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2022, 08:36 PM   #49
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

I lost the willpower battle and bought some stubs to get Pujols. I figured, it’s his last year, it’ll be nice to have him in the lineup all year. I finished the mini season and that got enough xp to get the first 2 FotF packs. I got Murphy from the AL west and Webb from the NL west.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:47 PM   #50
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I lost the willpower battle and bought some stubs to get Pujols. I figured, it’s his last year, it’ll be nice to have him in the lineup all year. I finished the mini season and that got enough xp to get the first 2 FotF packs. I got Murphy from the AL west and Webb from the NL west.
I'm not even a Cardinals fan and have been tempted to get Pujols for the very same reason you said. I've resisted thus far but we'll see haha. If he drops a fair amount then I just might.

I've still only bought Matt Olson. I'm just enjoying going through and getting my feet wet in different areas. Going through all the FotF Moments and should have them done by the end of the night. Have all the Conquest Maps done except the USA which I'll be starting within the next couple days. Wanted to spend some time fleshing the team out a bit more before grinding that monstrosity.

Ideally wanna get as many of the Legend cards as possible with missions.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:21 PM   #51
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

As I wait for good rosters to start my franchise with I’ve been grinding DD. I am in the beginning of my mini season (currently 4-1) and I’m loving the mode. It’s intense and quick and fun playing against random teams.

I’m also doing the Gold Flashback/Legend mission through conquest and just reached that 2nd round of that pack.

I finished the AL showdown and Babe Ruth program so not much left for me to do for the
Program besides the Gold F/L, FOTF Moments and maybe do a March to October.

I just know it’s going to take a longgggg time to grind this whole program to even a single choice pack.

My team is looking good but still want to add some big names to it and will spend a lot of time flipping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 11:25 PM   #52
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I really want that Pujols card but won't spend real money on him.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:42 PM   #53
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I really want that Pujols card but won't spend real money on him.
I'm not sure how many stubs you're sitting on, but if you aren't planning on doing any of the big collections yet then go through your binder and sell off as much as you can. I think Pujols is at like 70K right now. You can get some extra value out of most cards before standard launch. There's a fair number of cards in the free agent pool that are inflated right now and easy stubs.

I off-loaded a bunch of commons last night at like 900 a clip. Those aren't still in that range, but plenty of Bronzes that are still like 500+. 70K isn't exactly a small amount of stubs to spend but right now you might be able to get pretty close just from off-loading any stuff you aren't planning on using.

I'm done for the night now. Did a couple more Mini-Seasons games. Bounced over and did the Starter Showdown. I think I'll knock out the FotF Showdown tomorrow for the 15k XP before I move into the USA map. Made some changes to the team as well finally replacing some of the weaker cards. Retooled the bullpen with a handful of the Gold Legend cards.

I have to say I'm struggling with pitching at the moment. The tighter window on Pinpoint is very noticeable. There was a recent controller update for the Elite Series 2 controller and I feel like that threw something off. Even with the tighter window, my gesture tracing feels off and it's been very inconsistent. I've ended up throwing some juicy meatballs even against the CPU. I feel like if I hopped online right now I'd get absolutely torched.

I'll probably do it anyway soon and either hop into BR or Events. It was as goal coming to the game this year to play more BR and since I'm not spending money this year it seems like the best way to earn stubs.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:25 AM   #54
MVP

I pulled live judge... So now I've got him and Betts... Sold them both for about 60k total

Been using the legends for xp progress. Mantle card sucks terrible. Ruth card is great. Schwarber live is great.

Turned off that anchor and started hitting a million times better. I find it too distracting
Old 04-02-2022, 02:42 AM   #55
MVP

Beat showdown and it didn't count. Nothing like a good 90 mins wasted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2022, 06:58 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Any PS5'ers having trouble getting their logo to show up in the game's presentation elements? I set all my stuff up in the editor, but in the scorebug and player stat slide-ins during the game they're always blank. The uniforms ARE correct though.

Reason I specify PS5 is because I also own the PS4 version through the MVP edition and they DO show up there everywhere they're supposed to be. And I've seen streams of the XBOX version and people's stuff also shows up correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »