Home

The Diary of Fritz Brady REDUX (NCAA 08)

This is a discussion on The Diary of Fritz Brady REDUX (NCAA 08) within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 05:52 AM   #25
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: The Diary of Fritz Brady REDUX (NCAA 08)

I can't even imagine the grief a hoople-head would take quarterbacking the Panthers... You'd better be good if you sign with Pitt!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------
--- The Diary of Fritz Brady -- November 17, 2007 --
--------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, things didn't look good. First snap and I got sacked because I held the ball too long. Then there was a fumble, and Capital recovered. They scored, I threw 2 more incomplete, poorly thrown balls, and we're down 10-0 at the end of the first. I didn't complete a single pass.

With about 3 minutes left in the second quarter, I was doing my snap count when I looked over towards our sideline, and at Jimmy Mayfield, the wideout on that side. There was no one covering him. I then looked over to the other sideline, and the coach there was scrambling to get a guy onto the field. I quick counted and snapped the ball. The safety was confused, and covered the slot receiver instead of Mayfield, so I tossed a pretty bad pass, which he caught, and ran untouched 67 yards for a touchdown. We were still down, but I began to see the coverages better, and the game seems to slow down for me.

As I started to complete a few passes, the defense began to pull into a nickel defense, and that's when Roddy came into play. Roddy ended up with 80 yards and a touchdown, and pretty much all of it came in the 4th quarter, when we had a lead, and Capital's defense was wore down. We won, 34-14, and I finished 10 for 18, 274 yards passing and 3 touchdowns. Dad says the scouts were impressed.

Capital has good linebackers. They hit very hard, and I got sacked 3 times, once from behind. For what it's worth, as much as it hurts to know you're gonna get hit, you can prepare for it. When you get nailed from behind, you can't brace for any impact. It rattles you to the very core, and after some linebacker attacked me (I fumbled the ball on it, by the way), I felt something pop in my back. I'm writing this from bed, and I can feel the muscle relaxers starting to work, so it's not as bad as it was earlier, when I was thinking the linebacker hid a shiv in his uniform and stabbed me in the small of the back with it when he sacked me. I think it feels something like that.

The doc at the game says it's just a strain, that with rest, I should be ready for next week against Poca. I'll be reaaaaaallly ok if the muschle relaxers feels as good as they are now.

---

Donald Duck is funny.

---

I think im in love with amber bensen. she waas teh chik from buffy the vampire slayer. She's hot. And a lesbain. that's hot. my back doesnt hurt anymore.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #27
Rookie

Entry 7

-----------------------------------------------------
--- The Diary of Fritz Brady -- November 18, 2006 ---
-----------------------------------------------------

Today I received my very first full scholarship offer from a Division I-A school. Two, in fact, in the same day. Earlier in the day I got a full ride offer from Marshall University, which isn't that far away from here. Marshall's got some amazing players who have recently been there, and are currently in the NFL, including two quarterbacks in Byron Leftwich and Chad Pennington. They're in Conference USA, but with the right material, Marshall could be a school I could excel in. Plus it's close to home, which is nice.

Later in the day, I get a pretty big surprise when the Tennessee Volunteers call me out of the blue and offer me a full scholarship. They had evidently been at the game, but didn't inform either the coach or my parent they were there. After my game and the "way I conducted myself on the field", they believed I could be the next big Tennessee quarterback.

Wow, playing in the SEC would be a huge challenge, and one I would be very fearful of, and very excited to be a part of. They say that the kind of pressure that's involved in being a starting quarterback in the SEC prepares you the best for the pressure of the NFL. I would consider it an honor to be even considered by a school like that, but I dunno if I want to play for them. My dad sure as hell wouldn't approve of it.

I was getting up for school this morning, and my dad was hurting pretty badly. I didn't take any pills for it, because they make me loopy. My dad said I can't hold my back or act like it's hurting when I'm in public. "You don't want the scouts to see you hurt ... they might back off thinking you're really injured."

Well, I think I AM really injured. It sure as hell isn't just a pulled muscle.

"Just suck it up and act like everything is fine. You can't back out of practices, either. That's when the scouts will REALLY be watching. You can take some pain meds so it doesn't hurt as bad when you throw."

---

I couldn't concentrate. It feels like my hips and my lower back are being stabbed over and over with a hot poker. Every time I move, it shoots pain, and I don't like pills, but I had to take a few painkillers my dad had given me early in the day just to make it through. I was a trooper and didn't show pain, even when Matt, one of my linemen, slapped me in the back to "congratulate" me. I think I would have preferred him to punch me square in the face than touch my back.

Denise wanted to know what was wrong with me. I grimaced when she hugged me. I told her I was sore. I don't want her fawning over me if she knew I was hurt. Sometimes I think the only reason she goes out with me is because she sees a million dollar contract in 5 years. Like a long term investment.

---

Practice was PURE. HELL. I popped two Percosets before practice, had the red jersey on and I still felt pain when I threw. The throwing motion is ... I can't describe how much it hurts to throw the ball. But I can't show pain. I can't let anyone know that my back is hurting. There's too much on the line, both this week and for my future.

My dad is right. I have to suck it up. These Percosets will help.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #28
Rookie

Entry: November 24, 2006

---------------------------------------------
The Diary of Fritz Brady -- November 24, 2006
---------------------------------------------

"Highly touted quarterback Brady looked tired and lethargic" -- Herald-Dispatch

"Brady often threw into double coverage and looked confused" -- Winfield Explorer

"This is the top recruit in the east? It doesn't look good for college football." -- Charleston Ledger

---

I'll be honest, and maybe this'll change as the days go on, but I don't remember a whole lot about the last game. We won, 22-16, and I
know I didn't do well -- 8-24, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions, and I know that our field goal kicker and Roddy Parsons won the game for us, and I certainly didn't help. Best to forget it and move on to Barboursville next week.

---

I saw Denise talking to Jimmy Mayfield. She had her hand on his shoulder.
Bitch. Doesn't Mayfield know who the HELL IS GETTING HIM INTO COLLEGE? If it wasn't for me, his *** would be going to the coal mines after school. No, he's going to Glenville State because I have a goddamned golden arm. A little loyalty isn't too much to ask.

I need to get my Percoset perscription refilled. Dad says he'll take care of it. He says I need to get my head on straight, throw the ball right and that him and the coach will take care of the rest.

---
Barboursville has a good secondary. I need to have my A-Game on. Just my A-Game without Mayfield. I'll be damned if I throw him the ball. Bastard's don't get the ball if they don't show respect.

---
I wonder where my dad is with the refill. My back is hurting.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:21 AM   #29
Rookie

Entry: November 26, 2006

----------------------------------------------------------
--- The Diary of Fritz Brady -- November 26, 2006 ---
----------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to move away from the old notebook and transfer everything into my handy-dandy computer. My dad bought me a flash drive, which I can carry around with me, so I can put my diary in, save it the hard drive, and no one but me can see it. Plus I can put pictures and videos in too.

Like me, standing all tough-looking and everything, complete with the wrapped up right ankle (I hurt it in practice the other day). A good friend of mine, Kristy, took this picture last week during the fuzzy bad game I had against Poca. She says it makes me look at noble and heroic. Pretty cool.

Virginia Tech offered a full ride today. I grabbed the envelope when the mail came so Dad didn't see it. That makes the Hokies, Tennessee and Marshall.

I keep getting told that Denise is screwing around behind my back with my wideout, Jimmy Mayfield. He's going to Cincinnati on a scholarship, and I meant what I said before -- there's a rule that says you don't screw the quarterback's chick if you're A GODDAMNED WIDEOUT, who don't get the ball if the quarterback is pissed.

And I'm pissed. He doesn't get within 10 yards of the ball. I don't care if I was thinking of dumping Denise, you don't do that to a teammate.

I thought about confronting him, but Roddy told me not to, that it'd mess with the team chemistry and divide the team between me and him. We don't need that before we play the semi-finals in the state tournament. That's fine, but he still ain't getting the ball.

I don't care if we lose.

If my Dad would read that, he would have a heart attack. Luckily he bought me this flash drive, so he'll never know.

Last edited by WVUFan; 08-03-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:49 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Whatever you do, don't throw the ball to Jimmy Mayfield!
Old 07-31-2007, 12:54 AM   #31
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

We want you here in Blacksburg.

Make the right choice.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 01:01 AM   #32
stewaat

OVR:

I'd throw to Jimmy all the time.

I'd also leave it up and over the middle of the field

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »