Home

With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings ,&

This is a discussion on With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings ,& within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-14-2024, 04:46 PM   #25
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings

It would be particularly interesting to me if EASCFB made a gameplay distinction between pro-style and dual-threat quarterbacks, with pro-style quarterbacks able to throw to all the receivers in a play (like we're used to) while dual-threat quarterbacks with low-AWR (so less experienced players) could only throw the primary pass concept before having to check down or scramble.

I'm thinking here mostly about how the game might more realistically implement the Tennessee and Baylor offenses where, when the ball is spotted on a hash, only the receivers on the boundary (short) side of the field are "live" for the quarterback to throw to most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2024, 05:23 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It would be particularly interesting to me if EASCFB made a gameplay distinction between pro-style and dual-threat quarterbacks, with pro-style quarterbacks able to throw to all the receivers in a play (like we're used to) while dual-threat quarterbacks with low-AWR (so less experienced players) could only throw the primary pass concept before having to check down or scramble.

I'm thinking here mostly about how the game might more realistically implement the Tennessee and Baylor offenses where, when the ball is spotted on a hash, only the receivers on the boundary (short) side of the field are "live" for the quarterback to throw to most of the time.
I really like where this idea is coming from. I've always wondered about having a mechanic that makes awareness matter more for QB's, especially user QB's. Something that could be toggled on and off like the vision cone would be necessary, I think, as this is likely a divisive topic in the community.

I'd love for the game to limit my low awareness QB's in multiple ways if I had the settings toggled on to do so.

Things like having unfinished or incorrect play art pre-snap, having WR icons hidden pre and post snap for some WRs to replicate the QB being confused, having pre-snap adjustments limited more the lower the awareness is.

If they redid how playbooks were done and the play call system was done where it was all concept based and more modular and on the fly, I'd love to see the playbook be limited by the QB under center. My SR QB with 90 awareness would allow me to build out a playbook where I select 10 different look and 15 different concepts I want to run, but when he gets hurt, my sophomore project QB with 67 awareness will only know 5 concepts well enough to be called in game.

I can dream. I'd pay very good money for EA to go down the road of adding things like that to the game. I'd pay the $70 a year for the game plus another $35 for each mechanic they added to the game if it worked properly and was polished. Don't just milk the ultimate team crowd, milk players like me that are older heads that love franchise mode and have careers and can spend their money on things like that. Exploit me for franchise/dynasty and AI/CPU logic improvements. I'm asking you to, EA.

― Plato
Old 05-14-2024, 05:46 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

I do agree that there needs to be a bigger distinction in styles of QBs and schemes. You can get away less variance in Madden. The way how CPU QBs behave needs to be differentiated. I'm not sure if there needs to be more specific ratings or tendencies added to players. I also think at the very least, they need to add Scheme Tags to players. Recruits could be assigned whether they are an Air Raid or Pro-style or Spread Option. That would be a good way to distinguish which players fit which scheme and also should help CPU target players that fits their scheme.

I think the Madden thread about playcalling also applies to this. The Madden CPU playcalling style would not fit in this game. That Coach Suggestion style playcalling would really limit their playbooks.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:57 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do agree that there needs to be a bigger distinction in styles of QBs and schemes. You can get away less variance in Madden. The way how CPU QBs behave needs to be differentiated. I'm not sure if there needs to be more specific ratings or tendencies added to players. I also think at the very least, they need to add Scheme Tags to players. Recruits could be assigned whether they are an Air Raid or Pro-style or Spread Option. That would be a good way to distinguish which players fit which scheme and also should help CPU target players that fits their scheme.

I think the Madden thread about playcalling also applies to this. The Madden CPU playcalling style would not fit in this game. That Coach Suggestion style playcalling would really limit their playbooks.
I am assuming EA will be using some of the same systems from Madden like schemes in the new CFB game, just hopefully updated and more fleshed out and polished. With that, I expect player archetypes to be in the CFB game. They were in NCAA 14 as well, but served a smaller role in the game.

I am very interested to see if they use the exact same archetypes that Madden does, or if they introduce new archetypes. I'd love to see new archetypes in the game as well as tendencies plus having player traits playing a bigger role in the gameplay on the field and in simulated gameplay.

I want to finally see some CPU QB's play like a Rex Grossman and think his arm can throw anyone open and have him press the ball downfield and hit on some and get bit on others. And, I want to see other QB's be check down kings that just dump it off the second any pressure is felt. I want to see truly oblivious QB's that sack themselves over and over.

Anything to make each team and player feel more unique is going to add so much depth to the game and making it infinitely replayable.

― Plato
Old 05-14-2024, 08:05 PM   #29
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Shedeur is in the game lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I want to see truly oblivious QB's that sack themselves over and over.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:08 PM   #30
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Shedeur is in the game lol
That was my first thought too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »