Home

Forcing wins

This is a discussion on Forcing wins within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2024, 06:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Forcing wins

There was a good thread on this awhile back, but it's lost in the shuffle by now. Somebody had an idea that you look at the team's overall ratings in the conference standings. A home team with a two point or better advantage would be a force win. Three point advantage needed for a road team. Everything else is left to sim.

Of course, this may, or may not ignore injuries. Also, I expanded this to any team playing an FCS is an auto win, and Top 25 vs Top 25 matchups are an automatic sim, so you'll still get a handful of big upsets each season.
Old 08-21-2024, 08:47 PM   #10
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I have a spreadsheet that has teams listed in each conference with their team overall beside them. I just updated it to begin season two and use it to quickly force wins. My rules are simple enough and worked great season one.

Unranked team force win IF: +4ovr and at home. +5ovr if on the road.

Ranked team force win IF: +3ovr at home. +4ovr if on the road.

Any top 25 matchup I let it go to the sim, and all playoff games I let simulate normally.

Year one CFP teams:

#12 Syracuse (8-5)
#11 Liberty (12-2)
#10 Miami (11-3)
#9 LSU (11-4)
#8 Notre Dame (10-4)...in ACC
#7 Oklahoma (11-2)
#6 Oregon (12-2)
#5 Michigan (14-2)
#4 Kansas State (10-4)...won Big 12 championship game.
#3 NC State (12-3)...won ACC championship game.
#2 Alabama (14-1)...won SEC championship game.
#1 Ohio State (15-0)...won Big Ten championship game.

Full sim playoffs had #1 Ohio State vs #2 Alabama in the CFF. Ohio State won. Obviously super happy with results. With the spreadsheet in front of me I'm able to force wins if needed for a week in 5-10min so it's nothing for me to do to get much better results than the sim engine provides. In my RTG as backup QB in Tennessee the super sim had them beating FCS team at home in double OT smh.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-21-2024, 09:01 PM   #11
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I force win all power 4 teams against group of 5 teams and fcs.

I dont mess with conference games.

I also force group of 5 teams that will ruin a realistic playoff to lose. This ensures just one g5 team as 12 seed.

I do allow that team a fair shot though and don't force them to lose in playoff. In season 3 12 seed Charlotte made the semifinals.

I'm in season 7 now and the game is getting stale to me. Plus I have only 6 sec games on the schedule...with no custom conferences so idk what is going on with schedule logic now.
Dang how have you played through 6 seasons so fast lol? That's pretty cool. Question: Under custom conferences what did you have set for conference game amount for the SEC? For season two I have my 9 conference games I set up for Big Ten. And just looked at a SEC team and they 9 games as well. Does this start happening by a certain season? I have a relegation system in place so I use custom conferences and they switch up a bit yearly. Again season two I see no issues. Weird that it would randomly start messing up by year 7 or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2024, 08:28 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke888
What are your house rules?

Was thinking forcing wins in power conferences when they play fcs and g5 teams except leaving 1 game to chance in each conference each week. Also no forcing wins for in conference games.

Or could just roll dice based on the gap between overall ratings? Idk just sad I have to do any of this. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets_All_The_Way
I just do it on who is realistic should win, like Ohio State shouldn't lose to Minnesota at home, or lose to the lower teir team like the MAC school. I'm bout to start week 6 and it going to be the first week I have no force win B/c of every game have reasonable outcome. Iowa is 2-2 and they r travel to Columbus to play #1 Ohio State who 4-0. Now it's unlikely Iowa to pull it off but they do have a legitimate chance b/c they do always have a good defense. So it's they pull it's off I'm okay with it.

I guess it's what u feel is reasonable to u

My house rule is that I don't force wins nor losses. While I disagree with the bolded statement (other than possibly the first few years of a dynasty) because Minnesota won 29-17 at Ohio State on October 14, 2000. However, I could see forcing Ohio State to win against a team from Ohio because it has been over 100 years since Ohio State lost to a team from Ohio (7-6 loss to Oberlin on October 8, 1921).
Old 08-22-2024, 08:31 AM   #13
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
My house rule is that I don't force wins nor losses. While I disagree with the bolded statement (other than possibly the first few years of a dynasty) because Minnesota won 29-17 at Ohio State on October 14, 2000. However, I could see forcing Ohio State to win against a team from Ohio because it has been over 100 years since Ohio State lost to a team from Ohio (7-6 loss to Oberlin on October 8, 1921).

I’ve seen Ohio St lose to Akron and Ohio and I wanna say Toledo as well.

Stuff like that is why I force wins.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-22-2024, 09:07 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Damn Jello, you must be really old then, as it hasn't happened since 1921. Maybe you got confused when your team lost to 1aa team from W Carolina in 07.
Old 08-22-2024, 09:50 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaN125
Damn Jello, you must be really old then, as it hasn't happened since 1921. Maybe you got confused when your team lost to 1aa team from W Carolina in 07.
He means in game. Seems obvious from the context clues of "this is why I force wins".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2024, 10:04 AM   #16
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I force wins in all FCS games. To me, there is no benefit in them winning. It only hurts the real teams. If we could use Teambuilder offline to replace all of the made-up FCS teams with ACTUAL FCS schools, then I wouldn't care as much.
#WeAreND

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »