Home

First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

This is a discussion on First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:18 PM   #9
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati
Every year, it's the same crap. People expect news way too early. Last year, we didn't receive any info till mid-April. We never get info this early.
Well they made it seem like they were going to answer questions and actually have something. Nobody expected anything until the mods from those sites starting acting like they were going to deliver some news.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-16-2005, 09:20 PM   #10
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Nah, EA are not afraid of anything, they just know by revealing alot early it will not be as good for sales as springing everything at the last minute and getting ppl worked up. Now I know 05 has it's flaws but having said that, for you ppl who love 04 and hate 05, I don't get it, I guess it will take people awhile to get used to these games actually having a defense instead of all offensive shootouts like 04 for both Madden and NCAA.
ignore the fanboy^^^^^

offense and defense in 05 can be compared if we were racing two cars against each other to see which would be the faster car. If it were the EA approach they would slash the tires and stick a potato in the tailpipe of the car with "offense" on its hood. The two cars would race the "offense" would lose and EA would say they made improvements to the "defense" car even though they didnt really actually do anything to that car except screw up the performance (AI) of the "offense" car.

drops, horrific completion percentage, drastic HFA ratings declines for road offense, destruction of the offensive playbooks, terrible line blocking from QB "delay/pause" running any sort of option, to DL blowing OL into the offensive backfield.

About the only defensive "tweak" they made is as infamous as the despised speed cheat of the past -- the made the defense mind readers.

Overall a piss poor lazy programming display for EA with 05. Thats why it was rightfully one of the most dissappointing games this year.

Last edited by umd; 03-16-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
they just know by revealing alot early it will not be as good for sales as springing everything at the last minute and getting ppl worked up.
If people want to buy the game, they will buy the game. Early information isn't going to change that much.

The casual fan won't see much of this information, and the hardcore fan will pick the game apart before deciding whether to buy it regardless of when early information is released.

And we aren't asking for every nuance of the game to be revealed in March... a small sampling of info would be just fine. I think we just don't want EA keeping everything such a big secret. Is that too much to ask?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 10:31 PM   #12
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Come ODogg..I loved NCAA since I was a young teen..but last year it had problems. For me it was more of the computer QB;s going 6-24 and throwing for 240 yards a game. The 240 doesnt bother me..its the low % of completions from the computers QB every game. It just didnt seem as polished as years before. It did some things better and some worse if you ask me. Going to my favorite sport games the last 3 years to not.
Well, me personally, I have gotten shootouts, shutouts, defensive struggles and everything in between on 05. I have won some games 48-42 and I have won some 14-6. Most everytime, the CPU quarterback completes over 50% of his passes. My only gripes with 05 are the linebackers dropping back thirty yards in coverage and the volleyball tip drills. Other than those, my main gripes are holdovers from 04 (lack of OL brains, etc.) I love 05 and definitely think it's better than 04. No one I know personally feels differently. We all play on PS2, if that means anything.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:26 AM   #13
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

You all may want to question the source....there was no media event at EA this week. We have a strong relationship with EA Sports and no such event took place. You may want to question the validity of the story.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 03-17-2005, 08:39 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
You all may want to question the source....there was no media event at EA this week. We have a strong relationship with EA Sports and no such event took place. You may want to question the validity of the story.
First of all i'm not a fanboy and anyone who knows me knows that I am not. Secondly I never said 2005 didn't have it's own set of issues, some of them being larger issues, however I completely disagree with the assertion 2004 was better is all I was saying. Sure 2004 does a few things better but it has it's own huge set of issues as well and defensive play being alot better in 2005 is the main reason it's a better product IMO but to each his own I guess.

Also I play 95% online at this point so maybe i'm just not seeing alot of the issues that the cpu brings to the table that makes all you guys so upset with the game. Once you start playing human opponents mostly though you do not really try to complain about cpu play because it's so far in all games from being close to human play it's not even worth discussing.

As for the promise of "new" information, gee considering the source it doesn't surprise me there's really no new information. It seems like we go thru this yearly ritual of the bait and switch tactic put forth just to get people to visit other sites out of curiosity. I guess getting 1/100th of OS'ers to come over yields a big turnout so that is why they do it. Whenever I see those ppl spamming their sites I just have to laugh at em.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:10 AM   #15
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
First of all i'm not a fanboy and anyone who knows me knows that I am not. Secondly I never said 2005 didn't have it's own set of issues, some of them being larger issues, however I completely disagree with the assertion 2004 was better is all I was saying. Sure 2004 does a few things better but it has it's own huge set of issues as well and defensive play being alot better in 2005 is the main reason it's a better product IMO but to each his own I guess.

Also I play 95% online at this point so maybe i'm just not seeing alot of the issues that the cpu brings to the table that makes all you guys so upset with the game. Once you start playing human opponents mostly though you do not really try to complain about cpu play because it's so far in all games from being close to human play it's not even worth discussing.

As for the promise of "new" information, gee considering the source it doesn't surprise me there's really no new information. It seems like we go thru this yearly ritual of the bait and switch tactic put forth just to get people to visit other sites out of curiosity. I guess getting 1/100th of OS'ers to come over yields a big turnout so that is why they do it. Whenever I see those ppl spamming their sites I just have to laugh at em.
Why would you try to argue with people when you don't even play the cpu?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #16
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why would you try to argue with people when you don't even play the cpu?
the same problems are there online. the long ball is a league killer as is the dumbed down offensive AI and the drops. HFA and drops are even worse online cause there are no sliders to even try and fix it. Plus EA took out neutral site and stadium and weather select. How do remove stuff like that when its already in the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »