Home

First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

This is a discussion on First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
VG Sports are not what I would call reliable but they, along with us (Madden Planet) were in attendance for an event at EA Tiburon last week. Indeed it was at a similar event in Redwood City last year that I bumped into Shawn Drotar. Cool guy.
I understand why you can't reveal any features or anything, but why you can't answer simple gameplay questions like "has the running improved, etc." is beyond me. If you just stuck to gameplay, i dont know why you couldnt answer anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
I understand why you can't reveal any features or anything, but why you can't answer simple gameplay questions like "has the running improved, etc." is beyond me. If you just stuck to gameplay, i dont know why you couldnt answer anything.
And what's the purpose of showing the media if they can't talk about it?? The media's job is to get the word out. Or were they maybe there to give their feedback on the games?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:50 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 14

Both IGN and Gamespot were there as well, but they haven't mentioned the trip except for their interview (the one with Todd).

Last edited by AndyP; 03-21-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #44
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
VG Sports are not what I would call reliable but they, along with us (Madden Planet) were in attendance for an event at EA Tiburon last week. Indeed it was at a similar event in Redwood City last year that I bumped into Shawn Drotar. Cool guy.
well like i said before getting banned over at maddenmania...whats the point then? The day of the non-biased site opinion is pretty much dead outside site player forums.

You'll have info like everyone else when the NDA is lifted and we'll all make our decisions based on forums (the ones that don't ban people that is) once the game is out. Now if you guys actually did challenge EA on anything is another story. It could all just be one good ole lovefest which is what i'd be inclined to think it will be considering they'll want you to and you'll want to be invited back in the future. Cause isnt that what it was anyway - those sites way of plastering it everywhere that you got this special invite to Tiburon yet failed to mention you wont say anything about it for like 6 weeks? What did those sites expect from people - they spend weeks talking about how theyre getting a peak and play at the football games and then conveniently mention "but oh hey, that was just us saying we're special. We forgot to mention we'll tell you stuff down the line"....lol.

Hopefully the OS mods wont ban me. lol. Then i'd really be screwed and have to resort to reading the old NCAA Strategies threads for my info on 2002.

Last edited by umd; 03-21-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 11

Yeah it was wrong of u to hype it all up and expect us all to forget about it. Im sure EA wouldnt care if you discussed strictly non feature related gameplay improvements. What harm would that do? I can see the harm in revealing new features and bells and whistles, but talking about improved gameplay is nothing. That is, unless it didnt improve that much and Ea doesnt want you telling the whole world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
I used to go to that site daily...my name was BYURUSS. I think I was the only BYU fan to frequent that site.
I remember you byuruss. You were a lone wolf on that site being a BYU fan. If I remember it right you were singing the praises of Luke Staley. Go times were had on the site.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:24 PM   #47
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Let me make a quick post so that people can stop PMing me:

My post was not intended to say that these Madden sites were not invited or did not visit EA last week. Instead, my message was two fold:

(a) You can't call it a "Media Event" if you don't invite the media. Based on the lack of coverage from the major news outfits (IGN, GameSpot, G4, etc.), it would be unfair to call this a "Media Event". EA's PR staff is very good about Media Events, that's not what this appears to be.

(b) My statement "consider the source" was not intended to be a slam on this sites in question, however, did anyone expect anything but positive first impressions from MADDEN Planet and MADDEN Nation? If I invited a Rep from www.ILoveClay.com over for dinner, spend some time with them, tell them a bunch of cool stuff about me, then send them on their way.... what do you think the response is going to be? (PS I believe www.ILoveClay.com is available).

So, again, I'm sure this "visit" did take place. I apologize for getting hung up on verbiage. But, if you've been around here very long....consider the source.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 03-21-2005, 01:33 PM   #48
MVP

Skins4Life's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Let me make a quick post so that people can stop PMing me:

My post was not intended to say that these Madden sites were not invited or did not visit EA last week. Instead, my message was two fold:

(a) You can't call it a "Media Event" if you don't invite the media. Based on the lack of coverage from the major news outfits (IGN, GameSpot, G4, etc.), it would be unfair to call this a "Media Event". EA's PR staff is very good about Media Events, that's not what this appears to be.

(b) My statement "consider the source" was not intended to be a slam on this sites in question, however, did anyone expect anything but positive first impressions from MADDEN Planet and MADDEN Nation? If I invited a Rep from www.ILoveClay.com over for dinner, spend some time with them, tell them a bunch of cool stuff about me, then send them on their way.... what do you think the response is going to be? (PS I believe www.ILoveClay.com is available).

So, again, I'm sure this "visit" did take place. I apologize for getting hung up on verbiage. But, if you've been around here very long....consider the source.
Its all good, I have been around long enogh to know what you meant, I just wanted to make sure I didnt put words in your mouth.

P.S. I was very upset, www.iloveclay.com was not available. www.iloveskins.com was also not available
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »