Home

First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

This is a discussion on First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 02:17 PM   #49
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Let me make a quick post so that people can stop PMing me:

My post was not intended to say that these Madden sites were not invited or did not visit EA last week. Instead, my message was two fold:

(a) You can't call it a "Media Event" if you don't invite the media. Based on the lack of coverage from the major news outfits (IGN, GameSpot, G4, etc.), it would be unfair to call this a "Media Event". EA's PR staff is very good about Media Events, that's not what this appears to be.

(b) My statement "consider the source" was not intended to be a slam on this sites in question, however, did anyone expect anything but positive first impressions from MADDEN Planet and MADDEN Nation? If I invited a Rep from www.ILoveClay.com over for dinner, spend some time with them, tell them a bunch of cool stuff about me, then send them on their way.... what do you think the response is going to be? (PS I believe www.ILoveClay.com is available).

So, again, I'm sure this "visit" did take place. I apologize for getting hung up on verbiage. But, if you've been around here very long....consider the source.
be sure not to post anything like that anywhere near their message boards Clay. Or thou shalt be ban-ned.

-maddenmania 3:16.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:36 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Let me make a quick post so that people can stop PMing me:

My post was not intended to say that these Madden sites were not invited or did not visit EA last week. Instead, my message was two fold:

(a) You can't call it a "Media Event" if you don't invite the media. Based on the lack of coverage from the major news outfits (IGN, GameSpot, G4, etc.), it would be unfair to call this a "Media Event". EA's PR staff is very good about Media Events, that's not what this appears to be.

(b) My statement "consider the source" was not intended to be a slam on this sites in question, however, did anyone expect anything but positive first impressions from MADDEN Planet and MADDEN Nation? If I invited a Rep from www.ILoveClay.com over for dinner, spend some time with them, tell them a bunch of cool stuff about me, then send them on their way.... what do you think the response is going to be? (PS I believe www.ILoveClay.com is available).

So, again, I'm sure this "visit" did take place. I apologize for getting hung up on verbiage. But, if you've been around here very long....consider the source.
Yeah obviously the feedback would be all praising madden and ncaa, but maybe they could choose to actually talk about the marked improvements as well. Oh well its a dead issue. A really stupid thing to hype up from all the sites. As the saying goes- "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." We all were fooled so shame on all those sites that hyped it up, and I will now take any info i hear from these sites with a grain of salt.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
Yeah obviously the feedback would be all praising madden and ncaa, but maybe they could choose to actually talk about the marked improvements as well. Oh well its a dead issue. A really stupid thing to hype up from all the sites. As the saying goes- "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." We all were fooled so shame on all those sites that hyped it up, and I will now take any info i hear from these sites with a grain of salt.
Basically, you have a bunch of yes men going to EA's lil event.. These select few are madden fan boys that EA uses to hype their madden product via their Madden sites.. & clay is right, its not a media event if heavy hitters in the gaming biz like IGN, Gamespot, OS, aren't represented. It was basically a thank you from EA to the Madden faithful..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2005, 05:33 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Basically, you have a bunch of yes men going to EA's lil event.. These select few are madden fan boys that EA uses to hype their madden product via their Madden sites.. & clay is right, its not a media event if heavy hitters in the gaming biz like IGN, Gamespot, OS, aren't represented. It was basically a thank you from EA to the Madden faithful..
Yeah. Well, then why hype it up as the opposite. Maddenmania and everyone else should apologize instead of acting like were immature or whatever for being pissed off, but whatever. The one thing i care about at e3 this year is whether the next gen madden will debut, or whether any xbox 2 game will be playable at e3 for that matter. How kick *** would it be if the next gen maddren was playable? Granted when i say next gen madden i dont mean a port of the currewnt gens madden 2006(which in essence would be a port from a ps2 developed game!)
Old 03-21-2005, 06:57 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 14

Never mind....

Last edited by AndyP; 03-21-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:24 PM   #54
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
Never mind....

lol ok.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:32 PM   #55
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

Gotta say I was a little surprised to see this thread. Since some of the guys here seem to be looking for an explanation I'll do the best I can.... I didn't realize this was such a big issue because it hasn't been for us over at Madden Nation.

We were invited to Tiburon and told that it was going to be a media event. We had no idea whether or not we would be able to discuss any of what we saw before hand, but were allowed by EA to have people post questions and comments about the game. We also mentioned numerous times that we could not guarantee that any of the questions could be answered, but that whatever could be answered would be. We did ask the questions that people put down and at some point in the not too distant future they will be answered. When we got there it became clear pretty quickly that we would not be able to talk about anything, and we related that information in the form of updates on our forums.

We had hoped to be able to give out some basic information and had the false impression that we would be able to since this was described to us as a "media event." There were quite a few media there (IGN,Gamespot, EGM, Game Informer, etc) but unfortunately we weren't able to spill the beans about anything that we saw or even say that we liked or didn't like what we saw. I don't think EA had any intention of misleading us as far as what we'd be able to talk about, but the fact is we didn't know and allowed people to ask questions because we felt it was important to see what was most important to fans this year about the game. I apologize if it was not clear to some of you exactly what ths situation was, but I don't know that it could have been avoided.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2005, 11:22 PM   #56
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Well they made it seem like they were going to answer questions and actually have something. Nobody expected anything until the mods from those sites starting acting like they were going to deliver some news.
I agree with this 100%

Why even announce the damn trip if you cant give out any info or media

Just keep it to yourself until Ea says its ok to let the goods flow
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »