Home

Release date on June 28th?

This is a discussion on Release date on June 28th? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2005, 03:47 PM   #49
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Release date on June 28th?

Well if it really ships the 28th whats the point in having us wait two weeks to play it. I guess if it does ship the 28th I'll have to see if the people at Wal-Mart or anyother none game store will sell it to me early. But what's the point in waiting until the 12th if the game is done by the 28th and ready to be played.

Old 06-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #50
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

well i worked at a gemestop and we never got the game and had to hold it in the back until the date. And now when i go pick it up usually the night before one of the store GM is coming back from the airport or ups with the package in his hand so they can sell them early
Old 06-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #51
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
well i worked at a gemestop and we never got the game and had to hold it in the back until the date. And now when i go pick it up usually the night before one of the store GM is coming back from the airport or ups with the package in his hand so they can sell them early
I live in Green Bay, and the manager of our Gamestop up here rented a van and drove down to Indiana to pick up Madden instead of waiting for UPS to get it up here. I think there was a slight problem, since he had to drive back to Chicago with an empty van to 'intercept' his order and get it loaded. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had it that Monday night (instead of Tuesday's 'real release date).

I don't expect anything that drastic from him for NCAA this year, but I could get lucky I guess.
Blackhawks
Braves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #52
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

So basically what we're saying is this year there is a hard street date like games that have to do with movies. I still say if it ships the 28th we'll get it then that makes no sense to wait two weeks. I think EA will do even better if it releases early because it will space out the dates between NCAA and Madden.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #53
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

You would think in a big city like houston i would be able to get games early but I always have to wait till Wednesday to get games. Most of the time it seems they ship on Tuesday and I get it on Wednesday. I am talking about going to stores and getting the games, not by mail.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #54
JFo
Rookie

OVR: 2

I live in Houston and have gotten Madden the Monday night before it came out like 2 of 3 years and I got NCAA last year the night before it came out at EB games at Willowbrook so I dont know why you have been waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday...Ive always been able to get the game on Tuesday 100% of the time

peace
Old 06-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #55
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

i talked to my gamestop guy... here si what he said...

he said they will DEF have the game before the 12th. however, EA has givn the game a "hard" street date (like Halo 2) and cannot sell the game any earlier than July 12th. he said EA is pimping those midnight release ideas to EB and gamestop, and it looks like gamestop will be doing a midnight release for NCAA on july 12...

dont shoot me...i'm just the messanger
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #56
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
i talked to my gamestop guy... here si what he said...

he said they will DEF have the game before the 12th. however, EA has givn the game a "hard" street date (like Halo 2) and cannot sell the game any earlier than July 12th. he said EA is pimping those midnight release ideas to EB and gamestop, and it looks like gamestop will be doing a midnight release for NCAA on july 12...

dont shoot me...i'm just the messanger
Thanks Commish, that was what I was trying get across. It is a hard street date, meaning a substantial fine for those who get caught breaking street. Several Best Buys here in the STL area were busted for releasing Halo 2 early. Heck even the strat guides for Halo 2 were dated. Luckily for me, I have decided to take a mini trip of sorts just so I will not have to be in the store and having NCAA antagonize me. Oh and this was an EA idea after seeing what has happened with like of Halo. They are using NCAA as the test run for Madden for this year and future years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »