Home

Release date on June 28th?

This is a discussion on Release date on June 28th? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Release date on June 28th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
i talked to my gamestop guy... here si what he said...

he said they will DEF have the game before the 12th. however, EA has givn the game a "hard" street date (like Halo 2) and cannot sell the game any earlier than July 12th. he said EA is pimping those midnight release ideas to EB and gamestop, and it looks like gamestop will be doing a midnight release for NCAA on july 12...

dont shoot me...i'm just the messanger
I was told same thing by Gamestop. I went across the road to EBGames and they said that they have not heard that and will be releasing preorders at 5 to 6pm Monday July 11th, not waiting till midnight.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #58
Rookie

nyyfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
My local Gamestop told me that NCAA was coming out on the 28th of this month. That does land on a Tuesday... EA's website says nothing. Have I missed any info on this?
i work at a gamestop thats when it ships to teh store its street dated for 7/12 so its just gonna sit there for a week
Old 06-10-2005, 12:48 AM   #59
Pro

UofLCards's Arena

OVR: 8

ahh this is one of the beauties of living in Louisville. Everytime EA ships a new hot sports title you hear the stories of people from as far away as Michigan driving down here to get their shipments. I wish I had a job at EA's distribution center here.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:00 AM   #60
Pro

Tmac's Arena

OVR: 5

If all this is true about the game shipping on the 28th there will be people selling it on EBAY. There is always people that can get stuff early and if it is indeed true about it shipping 2 weeks early I will bet anything some people on EBAY will be selling it.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #61
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I might be late with this (i.e. someone may have said it already), but the difference between June 28 and July 8th etc means nothing for the game's sake. If they intended to release it on July 8th it would be done by the 28th anyway, all releasing on the 28th would do is cut off waiting time.

In other words, I doubt the early July release we're use to seeing is a case of a "hot off the press release", it is probably a date with a significant buffer between when the game is typically done and when it is released, so the 28th of June probably isn't out of the question nor would it be a sign of "rushed" development.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #62
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't care if they have to wait til friggen August to release it, or if they release it next Tuesday. I just want the game to be complete, polished and NOT RUSHED!!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-12-2005, 03:55 AM   #63
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

Im sure this has already been discussed, but why is the release date on walmart.com 06/29. I know they aren't an exclusive gaming store but is this info credible. Maybe they are taking the fine penalty to release the game earlier than the street date. The volume of copies they would sell between 06/29 and 07/12 in all of their stores would surely be larger than the fine. Is this bad info or Walmart making a smart business move. Should I preorder from walmart? Thoughts?
Old 06-12-2005, 04:00 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Dont worry...Walmart.com had the release date of may 28th...that of course was up to the 27th when i noticed they had changed it to june...so F-A Wally World

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »