Home

IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

This is a discussion on IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

Hmmm...Maybe spring game wasn't mentioned by itself. JRob did say that eveything in the current-gen dynasty is in the next-gen one except for the SI/ESPN mag...

Also...EAsports is pissing me off...the next-gen game needs to be deeper than the current one, on the field and off. I was willing to accept all the things that were taken out...but the smallest thing just irked me...why no Magazine...

Is it that hard to do?

Also...no HFA? Come on EA really...or is that going to be next years big feature.

"Interestingly enough, the meter works and looks a little different than NCAA current gen as EA is pitching a company line that each generation of systems is its own unique game (that way you can't complain if something is left out of one of them, I guess, as something can't be left out if it was never there). "

Hmmm...I guess that explains the subtractions then. So they just start over everytime a system is released...really though EA needs to stop the excuses.

First when something isn't fixed they tend to say "If it isn't broke...why fix it?" now they are saying "How can we take something out, that was never really in?"

Really EA, get off money wagon and give us a game that is worth 60 bucks. I leaning towards the PS2 version since it is more complete and is 10 bucks less.

But the 360 game looks good, no lie. But it doesn't look better than the Xbox/PS2 version and that worries me a bit. That they are not going to focus on next-gen this year. I mean you can say "It is because the PS3 isn't out..." but even if they commited to next-gen then the PS3 will get a port of the 360 version.

What I am saying is that the Xbox/PS2 versions should be a port of the 360 version, it seems like they are making two different games to cash in on both...the sad part about it is that no one can stop them because they eliminated all of their competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #106
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Where did it say SI/ESPN mag wasn't in 360 version ?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 11

It says it in there somewhere I am sure. I really hope I was stupid enough to pass it up or something.

You know...EA's vision of presentation is more commentary and Corso making his pick before a game...

I mean, I am crossing my fingers that some more info will make me happy but I don't see anything being announced late as they have no reason to do that anymore.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:52 PM   #108
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
Indeed it is, cannot argue with that...however, I would think most here would agree that mini-games at the expense of updated playbooks, more involved special teams etc are essentially fluff. Had EA included all of the new features from current gen 07, along with the new mini-games thats fine...I still wouldn't play bowling or tug of war, but the meat of what we have been clamoring for would be in there, so the mini-games wouldn't be a problem.

I see the mini-games as fluff when more important things are omitted (especially when the reason is "time" ala Madden), but thats just me. The "it was never there" argument is moot when they have added things no one was asking for.
I agree with you. Infact I am stilling playing 2004 because the few gameplay issues I have with that game remained in 2005, 2006 and likely 2007 while EA has focussed on featrues that don't interest me. But from EA's standpoint, I think the addition of the bowling game requires a fraction of the effort it would be to properly implement more plays and special teams....Especially from a QC standpoint. So they figure why not throw that in.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 2

Please tell me, for the love of god, that you can play more than 2 people on the same team.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #110
All Star

OVR: 21

The pics look really nice; as expected the stadiums that were modeled seem top-notch. Lack of gameplay movies is concerning, to say the least - wouldn't be as much of an issue if they chose to simply not show any at all. At least the player models didn't look hunchbacked, which irritated me to no end with Madden 360. But if they have that same weird movement (before, during, and after plays lol)...

No real mention of gameplay enhancements that I was hoping for. Every year Tiburon gives that "thousands of new animations" line, then we're lucky to see 20 or 30 during gameplay. Even cheerleader John Robinson seemed to try to hold on to a shred of journalistic integrity by asking "isn't [certain expectations] what next gen should be about? If not, it should be". Also alluded to "one day in the near future" looking for enhancements - which doesn't bode well for how this game will pan out for this year.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I agree with you. Infact I am stilling playing 2004 because the few gameplay issues I have with that game remained in 2005, 2006 and likely 2007 while EA has focussed on featrues that don't interest me. But from EA's standpoint, I think the addition of the bowling game requires a fraction of the effort it would be to properly implement more plays and special teams....Especially from a QC standpoint. So they figure why not throw that in.
while I agree with you on this I must say not including those modes on Xbox Live really makes their value go down tremendously for alot of people, myself included. most of my friends don't have time to get together in person so we play online so these modes will probably never be used by any of us.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 05:06 PM   #112
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
It says it in there somewhere I am sure. I really hope I was stupid enough to pass it up or something.
I reread the article and no where did he say NO ESPN Mag.. See page 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »