Home

IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

This is a discussion on IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #97
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
One thing that bothers me about EA is the fluff, while other devs tend to delve a bit in worthless add-ons, EA seems hellbent on adding them in at the cost of more important features / updates.

More useless (ultimately we buy the game to play football, not bowling) mini-games at the expense of spring drills (hopefully this is in, but not getting mentioned does not bode well here), updated playbooks etc. Mini-games are going to be this gen's "mascot teams".
Fluff is in the eye of the beholder. My favorite thing about the game is the atmosphere, the fight songs, the details like Pride Stickers and Mascots. To some people, that is all fluff, they care about the ball physics and X's and O's.

Which is not to say that I disagree with you. But I pay more attention to how much development time is involved with these extras. You mentioned the Mascot games which created riots and protests a few years ago. They never really bothered me as I don't think it was a huge effort for them to just map the Mascots over the players. Likewise, some of the mini games are just an alternative way to play the existing engine. On the otherhand, I am more annoyed with something like Back to School mode which would seem to have a bit of complex logic and require substantial effort to create.

Sorry for rambling. What were we talking about again?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #98
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by abates21
i'm shocked you don't like it, you usually love everything EA does.....
LOL I was waiting how long it was going to take.

The game looks very good but I will take a bit of a wait and see approach. I am very excited for the new attributes though.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #99
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Color me impressed. The shot of the Vols vs the Gators is now my desktop background. I really could care less about trick plays, Big man on campus mode or whatever it's called, as long as passes are completed and the gameplay is good. I'll be preordering today
Old 04-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #100
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by abates21
i'm shocked you don't like it, you usually love everything EA does.....

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #101
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Fluff is in the eye of the beholder...

Indeed it is, cannot argue with that...however, I would think most here would agree that mini-games at the expense of updated playbooks, more involved special teams etc are essentially fluff. Had EA included all of the new features from current gen 07, along with the new mini-games thats fine...I still wouldn't play bowling or tug of war, but the meat of what we have been clamoring for would be in there, so the mini-games wouldn't be a problem.

I see the mini-games as fluff when more important things are omitted (especially when the reason is "time" ala Madden), but thats just me. The "it was never there" argument is moot when they have added things no one was asking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #102
Rookie

t_mercer28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogs14
I have mixed feelings about it, Madden was a travesty and all it focused on was how it looked. Now NCAA is all about looks, which is nice, but if the gameplay sucks like madden then who cares how good it looks. They took out race for the heisman/campus mode which imo is great. It was a waste anyways. I still dont see how they could not convert the playbooks over though? Trick plays i dont care about that all sounds cheesy anyways. Dynasty only 30 years? Overall, I am going to get it as i do every year, I am expecting the worst and hopefully I will be pleasantly suprised.
Man, I agree. That's only reason I haven't gotten a 360 yet. I played Madden and I was not impressed, especially since they left so much stuff out. If they do that with NCAA, I'm sure people will be even more upset.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Looks like we are back to having the great NCAA DIV IAA team on our schedule. I wonder if we will be able to edit our team's schedule?
A friend of mine said something to me a little while ago about create-a-team, but I think it applies here. So, in reference to the 1AA teams not being in the game I give you..

"Those teams still exist in the game.....their called the Duke Blue Devils".
Old 04-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #104
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

Are the weekly ESPN covers and all the awards in the 360 version? Just as I suspected, I may just be sticking with the Xbox version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »