Home

Gameplay or Graphics?

This is a discussion on Gameplay or Graphics? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Gameplay or Graphics, Etc.
I want a game that plays like real football and the other stuff doesn't matter as much 115 93.50%
Its all about graphics and stadiums. Gameplay is not a big deal 8 6.50%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Gameplay or Graphics?

After reading the review of this game and playing past version I come to the conclusion that Ea is more about Graphics and stadiums. When it should be about gameplay , gameplay and gameplay. I don't know about you guys, but I rather have a game play close to perfect and have crappy stadium models then have real stadiums wit the correct sunlight and have crappy gameplay. Gameplay should always come first b/c football is played on the feild not off. I hope Ea gets stuff done right this year b/c if not people are gonna say why are you wasting your time with correct sun postion, etc and not gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Gameplay or Graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
After reading the review of this game and playing past version I come to the conclusion that Ea is more about Graphics and stadiums. When it should be about gameplay , gameplay and gameplay. I don't know about you guys, but I rather have a game play close to perfect and have crappy stadium models then have real stadiums wit the correct sunlight and have crappy gameplay. Gameplay should always come first b/c football is played on the feild not off. I hope Ea gets stuff done right this year b/c if not people are gonna say why are you wasting your time with correct sun postion, etc and not gameplay.
It's 2006 and Next gen time. I expect both.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

A little bit of a leading question on this one. I think you need some middle ground. No one is going to say that gameplay doesn't matter.

While alot of people say that gameplay is the only thing that matters, I wonder how well a game would do in 2006 that played an awesome game of football with SNES Graphics.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 30

Impossible to answer. Obviously gameplay is more important and I'd take a dominant gameplay game with NCAA 2002 graphics, but try playing the PS1 NCAAs. It's near impossible to tell what's going on now. As someone said, I expect both.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
Rookie

didy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I would be more then happy to have the graphics and stadiums from current gen xbox but have great if not perfect gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

I'm for mind boggling realism with realistic physics and a game that plays like real football and an AI that is smart and savvy.

Hell i'm even willing to play a texted based football game if it could offer that.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
I'm for mind boggling realism with realistic physics and a game that plays like real football and an AI that is smart and savvy.

Hell i'm even willing to play a texted based football game if it could offer that.
I am glad that almost all of you guys think like I do. I wish there was a way where EA could hear our opinons and do something about it. I think all of us would agree that a good football game consits of good gameplay firsts then graphics. There is nothing wrong with diffrent features every year in these football games, but the actual football gameplay should always be there main focus, then the graphics and create a team etc. It's 2006 and we should be getting closer to how football is played in real life.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:35 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I am glad that almost all of you guys think like I do. I wish there was a way where EA could hear our opinons and do something about it. I think all of us would agree that a good football game consits of good gameplay firsts then graphics. There is nothing wrong with diffrent features every year in these football games, but the actual football gameplay should always be there main focus, then the graphics and create a team etc. It's 2006 and we should be getting closer to how football is played in real life.
I voted for "Its all about graphics and stadiums." just because I think this poll is what is known as a "biased" poll in that it's clearly leading in the choices given. As has been said in this poll, all of us want great gameplay but at the same time, crappy graphics married to great gameplay isn't going to fly any better than great graphics and crappy gameplay would.

A better poll would be "what % of time should be spent on graphics and what % of time on gameplay?" and see how people vote in that respect. I'd say either 60-40 or 65-35 for me in favor of gameplay first, then graphics.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »