Home

New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

This is a discussion on New interview with the NCAA 07 producers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #25
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
2004 is good, but there's nothing new for 2007. In fact, we lost features. That's expected for a same year (like if 06 was released on the 360), but an entire year later is lame as hell
We didnt lose any features..

Considering this is the first game on 360.

You guys have to realize developers cant make everything they were on the xbox..They have to discover things about 360, by now they know the xbox by heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2006, 08:07 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
We didnt lose any features..

Considering this is the first game on 360.

You guys have to realize developers cant make everything they were on the xbox..They have to discover things about 360, by now they know the xbox by heart.
That's BS. How do you have a more advanced system and then can't redo what was already a staple of older technology. They've known that the 360 has been coming for years. Also they've had the development kit for the 360 for 1 1/2 years now. They made a decision to exclude certain features in lieu of smart crowds and other graphical upgrades, so that next year they can add old features and call them "new" for the 360 w/out significantly upgrading graphics. That definitely upsets me.

But not enough to pass on this years game, lol.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:07 PM   #27
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

I'll take 2004 with better gameplay, deep stat tracking, and smart crowds over spring drills, and other crap.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 05-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #28
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
That's BS. How do you have a more advanced system and then can't redo what was already a staple of older technology. They've known that the 360 has been coming for years. Also they've had the development kit for the 360 for 1 1/2 years now. They made a decision to exclude certain features in lieu of smart crowds and other graphical upgrades, so that next year they can add old features and call them "new" for the 360 w/out significantly upgrading graphics. That definitely upsets me.

You proved my point.

More ADVANCED system...

Obviously it will be harder to do things on a more complicated system.

Also..They dont say at board meeting " since we dont have RTH lets do smart fans"

They do smart fans because they can and it doesnt take alot of time to do, Recreating awhole damn mode does.

And whatever happend to "gameplay is king", this game looks solid in terms of gameplay, and looks like its going down the right path.

People need to stop crying about the garbage game modes, gameplay people..give me realistic football.

Last edited by Kevin26385; 05-23-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98

The Next Gen and Current Gen versions of the game both have different teams working on each respective version of the game. The current gen team has tons of time on their hands to add in new playbooks and features because they already have the foundation graphics and gameplay engines built.

The Next Gen team, however, had to create all their graphics, menus, motion-cap animations, program the AI system, and create the gameplay/physics engines - not to mention the amount time they put into traveling to each stadium and creating 70+ stadiums from the ground-up with absolute realism AND create the new fan graphics, animations, and AI system. Plain and simple, they didn't have enough time/man hours to deliver all the rest of the features. There's no doubt that these features will in the Next Gen versions in 08, but if EA chose to spend more time on implementing the features there would not be enough time to add other features they have added, such as the stadiums, fans, and realistic lighting/weather patterns. While this may anger the majority of us here on these forums, the general public would be strongly dissatisfied with the next gen version if it didn't come out with a bang graphics-wise. Anyone who thought that next gen was going to be everything on current gen plus all the improvements to graphics, stats, etc was being delusional, plain and simple.

NCAA (and some other sports game, for that matter) is unique because a new version is released every single year. Time and man hours are an issue. The features on current gen this year will be on next gen next year.

And lastly, now will people believe me when I say that next gen isn't getting the same playbook upgrade that current gen is getting?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #30
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb4cmr
The Next Gen and Current Gen versions of the game both have different teams working on each respective version of the game. The current gen team has tons of time on their hands to add in new playbooks and features because they already have the foundation graphics and gameplay engines built.

The Next Gen team, however, had to create all their graphics, menus, motion-cap animations, program the AI system, and create the gameplay/physics engines - not to mention the amount time they put into traveling to each stadium and creating 70+ stadiums from the ground-up with absolute realism AND create the new fan graphics, animations, and AI system. Plain and simple, they didn't have enough time/man hours to deliver all the rest of the features. There's no doubt that these features will in the Next Gen versions in 08, but if EA chose to spend more time on implementing the features there would not be enough time to add other features they have added, such as the stadiums, fans, and realistic lighting/weather patterns. While this may anger the majority of us here on these forums, the general public would be strongly dissatisfied with the next gen version if it didn't come out with a bang graphics-wise. Anyone who thought that next gen was going to be everything on current gen plus all the improvements to graphics, stats, etc was being delusional, plain and simple.

NCAA (and some other sports game, for that matter) is unique because a new version is released every single year. Time and man hours are an issue. The features on current gen this year will be on next gen next year.

And lastly, now will people believe me when I say that next gen isn't getting the same playbook upgrade that current gen is getting?
Thankyou

EA already has a base for NCAA on xbox, thats why they can just go everyear " add animations, add one huge gameplay"

EA has to make a base before it can build on it for the 360.

Thats what they are doing right now, building a base. Just look at Madden 360, absolutely sucked...but they needed a base. Now madden 2007 we have running back controls, lead blocker controls, the combine..Thats because they already have built a base.

EA decided to go the hard route, which will probably pay off soon. 2k will die with all these ports..Yeah the graphics are nice but in the end its basically the same game.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 30

The gameplay was amazing in 2004 and 2006, but we already own those games, hense we expect more for 2007. There's not much in terms of pure football engine they can do besides getting rid of animations and adding a physics engine, and they didn't do that.

Spring games and playbooks would have been great additions, instead we got nothing, and lost HFA, CAT, and probably a few other features.

I'd almost be tempted to say something about the 2K series, but after NBA Live, apparantly competition won't push EA either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2006, 08:28 PM   #32
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
For the roster in the spring game, the seniors and juniors that left for the pros are off of your team, and the incoming freshman have yet to arrive, so your roster is made up of the remaining members of your team as well as walk-ons to fill in any holes in your roster.
OK, current gen version for me. Gives me a couple more months to save up for next generation.

I'm not thrilled with the scoring system used for the spring game, but I do like that you don't get your incoming freshmen. I know that was discussed earlier as being a possibility. Hopefully in the next few editions, they will allow for early entrants/transfers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »