Home

Getting it early...overrated?

This is a discussion on Getting it early...overrated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Getting it early...overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBOXNATION
Why would you make a thread on getting a videogame early, does it bother you that much. Some people are so jealous.
If you actually bothered to read the post you would realize he got the game early.

I don't understand how some people can be so rude, seriously if you don't agree that getting it early is overrated don't go off making stupid comments about the poster or thread.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

The EB Games where I live is opening thier doors back up at midnight tonight to start selling it. The guy working there said he already knew of about 100 people that said they were going to be there to get it then. I will probably go tonight just so I get mine before they run out. I have it reserved, but I have reserved games before and had to wait until the second shipment came in because they sold out.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
If you actually bothered to read the post you would realize he got the game early.

I don't understand how some people can be so rude, seriously if you don't agree that getting it early is overrated don't go off making stupid comments about the poster or thread.
You really wish you were a mod don't you.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #20
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Very highly overrated! I'll just wait till Blacklover has his great rosters out and Jistic is done working his magic on tweaking the sliders. Then I'll go out to the nearest store and purchase the game. I don't see what the big deal is with getting the game early or going out at midnight to get it. Don't get me wrong, this game is great, but I can wait.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #21
Pro

rdawsoniii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX4531
It almost seems to me, getting the game early will ruin the atticipation of gettting the game. And therefor making it not as fun when you get it early. Then when you get it on the street date you are like "wow this game is awesome" and you play it non stop. I always wait, anticipation can be a good thing IMO. Things can always wait.
I agree. Release day is an exciting time....getting the game, starting it up for the first time, etc. But for those that have had the game for several days, the excitement has worn off already.

The fun is in the anticipation. Just like Christmas. Even though I'm middle-aged (almost 48) I still love Christmas.....right up until it's time to open presents. I hate it when the presents have been opened because then to me, Christmas is over. There is nothing more to look forward to.

It's the waiting, the anticipation, the speculation that over-ride getting the game early (IMO).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #22
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
You really wish you were a mod don't you.
I really wish you'd stop trolling.

Why crap on a guy's thread like that? Both of you?

He obviously made a compelling argument whether you agree with it or not. What is the big deal?

Would you rather read another thread about sock color or facemask realism?

It's post like yours that reminds me of the immaturity running rampant around this place.

As for my opinion....yeah, it's overrated, but it's still fun as hell to have had the game for four days already!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
I really wish you'd stop trolling.

Why crap on a guy's thread like that? Both of you?

He obviously made a compelling argument whether you agree with it or not. What is the big deal?

Would you rather read another thread about sock color or facemask realism?

It's post like yours that reminds me of the immaturity running rampant around this place.

As for my opinion....yeah, it's overrated, but it's still fun as hell to have had the game for four days already!
Whatever, I did a search on his threads and 60 percent deal with him telling people forum rules or what not.

As to the thread, I felt it was surprising that somebody would devote such a long period of time to whether getting the game early is overrated. Of course it's not overrated, it's amazing.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #24
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Whatever, I did a search on his threads and 60 percent deal with him telling people forum rules or what not.

As to the thread, I felt it was surprising that somebody would devote such a long period of time to whether getting the game early is overrated. Of course it's not overrated, it's amazing.
I find it surprising that someone who didn't enjoy a thread would come back for more to post not once, but twice in it.

Move along.

Besides, I'm guessing that I could do a search and half your threads would make you look like an homeristic Giants fan who blindly posts based on bias alone. Should we all hold you accountable for that as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »