Home

Getting it early...overrated?

This is a discussion on Getting it early...overrated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #9
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Getting it early...overrated?

It's not that big of a deal. I was able to get it early this time, after being shutdown last year. Being a part of that "lucky few" that get the game early has its charm, but that wears off pretty quickly. The biggest thing for me was it made this past weekend a whole lot more bearable. The last week of waiting can be almost excrutiating, especially when some folks are already playing and impressions are overwhelmingly positive. I've had a great time playing it, but it will be even more fun when everyone has the game. I kept my planned vacation day for tomorrow and am looking forward to playing a lot of online games with fellow OS'ers.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 07-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 20

This thread is overrated. I can't believe you took the time to make that long of a post.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

For the ones who say, its no big deal because of rosters, then why get it when its released? Why not wait until rosters are complete?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I used to love the hunt, now I could care less. Videogames just aren't as good as they used to be, IMO, I don't get excited about them anymore. The stuff under the hood isn't high quality anymore.

Back in the day though, I remember hunting forever to get Wrestlemania 2000 on N64 and up through NCAA '04 I would go insane trying to get that game as soon as possible - calling every store in my area, driving to other places, so on and so forth. But all that stuff isn't worth it for a game that I'll lose interest in by the time the real-life college football season starts.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

Here's my take on it:

For many, it's the sheer fun of the hunt. For many others, you've eagerly awaited the game since the E3 screens/vids and to find it early is pure gaming bliss.

However, I do feel as though there are a small select few out there that would not be out searching for it early if there were no message boards to run to and gloat about it.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDayD1978
Here's my take on it:

For many, it's the sheer fun of the hunt. For many others, you've eagerly awaited the game since the E3 screens/vids and to find it early is pure gaming bliss.

However, I do feel as though there are a small select few out there that would not be out searching for it early if there were no message boards to run to and gloat about it.
That's what makes it so fun for some people is the "nanananan I got it and you don't!" factor.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #15
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

For me it is highly over rated!
Here is why.
1. Fairdale Kings does not have his rosters ready yet.
2. Jistics and the others have not tweaked the sliders yet.
3. The waste of gas and time to actually find the game.
4. The lack of online players.

Last year I spent a whole off day looking for it and I got very lucky and found a Target 50 miles from my house selling the game. I ended up getting it a week ahead of the release date.
Once I got home I played one night of it then it set while I waited for rosters and sliders to perfect the game. I dont want to start my dynasty without them!
The only reason I would want it early this year is to look at all the great looking stadiums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #16
XBOXNATION

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrizzleDizzle13
I cannot answer this for everyone else. I want to know if people think getting it early is really that great or if it is just the actual getting the game before we should that makes it more fun.

To me, I think it is overrated. I got the game a week early last year from picking it up at a local CompUSA. I was so excited because I called around to about 15 different local stores and finally found one that would sell it. I thought it was amazing to have the game early until I got home and actually started playing.

2 things made it overrated to get it early. 1) No one to play against online. I would wait for at least 4 or 5 hours at a time to try and find someone to play and in 4 days i was only able to play 5 or 6 games online. 2) No rosters. Now to some this might not be a big deal, but I have been playing with the fully named rosters since just about every year. So I was not going to start a dynasty.

Sure it was fun to be able to play, but without named rosters and without anyone online it was a little overrated for how much we try and talk about getting it early. Now, if we were all able to get it early (i.e. EA changes street date) then that is a different story. Some people are saying they would pay hundreds of dollars to get it early. If you have that much money to dispose you could waste it on other stuff, but for most I hope none of you would pay extra to get it early. It is not as great as it seems to get the game a few days or a week ahead of time.

So give me your opinions. No answer is wrong, it is your own opinion.
Why would you make a thread on getting a videogame early, does it bother you that much. Some people are so jealous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »