Home

has ea knocked this one out of the park??

This is a discussion on has ea knocked this one out of the park?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #89
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: has ea knocked this one out of the park??

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
*Sigh* The running game sucks because

1. Power backs and Speed backs feel the same.
2. Collision Dectection on the inside running game is brutal.
3. I cant count how many times I have been tackled in the backfield because a pulling guard misses his guy.
4. The only back worth anything in this game are backs with a high truck stick rating.
5. Running backs get stuck to O-lineman way to often.

BTW I hate the bounce it out style running game madden on the 360 has.
1. i do think that all non-impact backs feel the same, and how many power tailbacks do you see in college now with everyone going to the spread/west coast offense and speed is a pressing need

2.not sure what you mean here but i do like the way that def tackles break their blocks and tackle you as opposed to just watching you float on by

3. agreed this does piss me off to no end but i dont expect perfection, and hopefully some sliders tweaks can help this out some

4. you have to gameplan in this game to make your running game successful, you cant take a scatback(which there are a ton of) and run him up the middle 20 times a game and think that you are going to move the ball on the ground, you have to gameplan around your team unlike previous versions where you could take any team and play any way and be successful

5. another point i agree with you on, but it does happen less often than previous installments.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #90
Rookie

Homeslice's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Of course you don't see it yet, many have blindly taken the stance at OS that this has the greatest football gameplay ever, when that is hardly the case.
Again, another person peeved that people are happy with a video game. I'll never get what the point is against setting a vendetta against a group of people because they are happy with a product.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #91
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll be quick. I've played both versions, however, neither in-depth.

The 360 shows graphics beautifully. The Xbox plays beautifully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 7

How do we define this? I take a homerun to be as good as it could be, and this is definitely not that. I'd equate this to a fielder's choice. I doubt we'll ever get that homerun type of game, but a home run game would be a AAA title imo. I think this is more of a 7.5/8 out of 10. Not bad, but not knocked out of the park.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:47 AM   #93
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Are you kidding me? You write this long thesis and you don't have a 360 nor the game?....There goes your credibility with me..out!!!!
Obviously you haven't been gaming for very long if you think an NCAA football game in it's first year on a next gen system is going to hit a home run. I dont need to have the game in my hands to know this. I can predict the future in this area because I know how video games and the world works. The point in my "thesis" was to calm the waters a little bit after reading a certain post. Some cat was all silly from reading numerous positive posts and he was going to run out and blow $700 to buy an XBOX360. I simply wanted to send out a reminder that the accurate impressions of this or any game takes a couple weeks to pan out.

It turns out the current gen systems are getting better reviews than the 360 and the current gen reviews weren't much better than last year. Also, it's day 2 now and complaints and "issues" are starting to crop up on these boards. They will progressively get worse and some will even flame EA for not fixing certain issues year after year. So stick around and keep reading my posts...that is if you want the truth and realities of life instead of hot air.

Before closing I would like to make one more accurate observation. On my fart-o-meter this years Giants ranking is....................BROCCOLI.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:37 AM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
*Sigh* The running game sucks because

1. Power backs and Speed backs feel the same.
2. Collision Dectection on the inside running game is brutal.
3. I cant count how many times I have been tackled in the backfield because a pulling guard misses his guy.
4. The only back worth anything in this game are backs with a high truck stick rating.
5. Running backs get stuck to O-lineman way to often.

BTW I hate the bounce it out style running game madden on the 360 has.

1. I totally disagree with this. A finesse back will use finesse when using the impact stick and a a power back will lower his shoulder and push through. In fact, I don't remember a game that has ever done it better than this game.

2. Inside run collision detection is a problem in every game and I think it will continue to be so for at least another generation of games. It takes a lot of cycles to process that much information.

3. You mean like real life? If the blitz is coming, or your guy is being set up, you need to use an audible or a move to get around the problem.

4. Once again I totally disagree with this.

5. This is a legitimate gripe, but again I do not think it is that often and it is far better than any other game to date.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:14 AM   #95
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

After playing 6 games I will say this, the 360 version rocks. It's waaaaay ahead of '06 on the Xbox, I can't say about '07 though as I have yet to play it. I haven't seen many of these "problems" people are having with the gameplay. I will say the collision detection might be a little off. The computer plays a hell of a lot better on both sides of the ball, at least on All American. I think you can go wrong getting '07 on the 360. If it's your only reason for buying a 360, then hold off and play it some where first. If it's one you have to add to you collection of games then go right ahead and enjoy.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 08:01 AM   #96
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
I can predict the future in this area because I know how video games and the world works.
Someday, one hundred years from now, millions will look back upon each of your 23 (so far) posts for kernals of knowledge and say "If only we had listened to the Nostra******* of videogaming!!!".

Seriously though, you talked about "cheap overseas labor" coming on board and talking up the game in your last post and now you are laying out your video game prophecies. You don't even HAVE THE GAME!!

You sound like a total crackpot...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »