Home

Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360)

This is a discussion on Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2006, 05:14 AM   #33
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360)

fantasysportsguy, have you had any luck running since using any of the suggestions in this thread?

I am having a lot of fun with the running game. And those mentioning using the A button when you hit the hole are definitely correct as it does help a lot. If the hole is huge and I am in it or part way through it I can hit the speed burst then and those are times when I have really broken some long runs.

xythander, the manual calls the A button when running the ball a small juke. Seems to be a bit safer of a juke I guess I would call it. Can really help, but isn't as risky with the ball as the jukes are with the right stick. Pushing forward on the right stick is called Impact Stick and it seems to be a more aggressive lowering your head and trying to push through the tackles harder. Others may know more about it than me though.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #34
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xythander
So are most people using the "A" button to juke instead of the stick or vice versa? I know what the stick does left, right, and back, but what does it do when you push it forward? It doesn't appear to do anything.
I like to use the stick if im trying to juke outside of the O-line. If im just running inside the tackles I use the A button. The right stick makes for a bigger juke to get me to the outside faster. I run with the Bruins and love the running game. Even though I dont have the best O-line out there.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 7

Great, thanks for the tips Bruin26 and DereckM. I used the the A button last night when running inside and it seem to help. I was normally just using the rb button which worked but I was never able to break off a big run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #36
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin26
fantasysportsguy, have you had any luck running since using any of the suggestions in this thread?

I am having a lot of fun with the running game. And those mentioning using the A button when you hit the hole are definitely correct as it does help a lot. If the hole is huge and I am in it or part way through it I can hit the speed burst then and those are times when I have really broken some long runs.

xythander, the manual calls the A button when running the ball a small juke. Seems to be a bit safer of a juke I guess I would call it. Can really help, but isn't as risky with the ball as the jukes are with the right stick. Pushing forward on the right stick is called Impact Stick and it seems to be a more aggressive lowering your head and trying to push through the tackles harder. Others may know more about it than me though.
Played the game again (started the Dynasty over) and Peterson was 23-157 1 FL in a driving rainstorm. I beat UAB 27-24 on a last second field goal. I gave up 1 huge run play and had 2 turnovers ran back for TD's, but they didn't do anything other than that, on offense.

Full disclosure, I did bump the blocking up for me and lower their awareness some, but the tips you guys gave did help a lot. I felt the game was much more fair and realistic.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:48 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 13
Icon14 Re: Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Played the game again (started the Dynasty over) and Peterson was 23-157 1 FL in a driving rainstorm. I beat UAB 27-24 on a last second field goal. I gave up 1 huge run play and had 2 turnovers ran back for TD's, but they didn't do anything other than that, on offense.

Full disclosure, I did bump the blocking up for me and lower their awareness some, but the tips you guys gave did help a lot. I felt the game was much more fair and realistic.
Just wanted to say - after readingthis thread..I used the suggestions outlined and BOY!!!!! Did they make a difference!. First game against Florida State (I use NC State) - 212 yards rushing! Woohoo!

I think the biggest problem I had was two fold 1) I hit the sprint button IMMEDIATELY after my RB got the ball on every run. 2) I relied exclusively on the Impact stick for my juke moves....heck I didn't even know the A button did jukes! Just changing these 2 things greatly improved my running game. Viva la Operation Sports!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:08 AM   #38
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Just wanted to say - after readingthis thread..I used the suggestions outlined and BOY!!!!! Did they make a difference!. First game against Florida State (I use NC State) - 212 yards rushing! Woohoo!

I think the biggest problem I had was two fold 1) I hit the sprint button IMMEDIATELY after my RB got the ball on every run. 2) I relied exclusively on the Impact stick for my juke moves....heck I didn't even know the A button did jukes! Just changing these 2 things greatly improved my running game. Viva la Operation Sports!
your biggest problem might be starting out with playmaker's sliders (or anyone elses for that matter). Don't rely on others to make sliders for you - start with the default sliders. If you can run on those well, use them. If you're too good, adjust them down, too bad, adjust them up and so on and so on.

after about 20 games against all different types of teams, you should have a great set of personalized sliders. i usually set up a test dynasty to start with and adjust the sliders to meet my style or skills.

the other suggestions will also definitely help, but people always get caught up in who's sliders are best

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »