Home

WTF is up with the fumbles this year?

This is a discussion on WTF is up with the fumbles this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WTF is up with the fumbles this year?

The problem I see with the fumbles is that the computer gets big hits ALL the time...i'm talking 3 or 4 a drive which leads to way too many fumbles and dropped passes. I have catching at 75 and in the last 3 games I've had 8, 9, and 8 dropped passes. I don't want to be catching everything but even bad teams don't drop that many passes.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
Rookie

Stop the Fumbles, Play the EA Way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedknick
I can tell you for PS2, that does not fix it. I have seen that happen to my full compusured, redshirt junior running back while pushing the ball protect button at least 5 times this season and I have campus challenge off.
Franco Harris had the right idea. He must have played lots of NCAA 2007 back in the 1970's and he learned to run out of bounds before being hit. So I make sure my running backs follow Franco's lead. Also, I try to get my RB's close to the sideline, and if they get hit and fumble before I can have them duck out, the ball will usually roll out of bounds with the inertia of the hit. That happens twice or three times a game. If I am not near the sideline, I try to manuever, so that the tackle is initiated by a glancing blow, not a full on, bone-jarring impact. The higher the carry numbers that the RB has (85 CAR or higher is good), the less likely the player is to fumble. My kick returners have the three highest CAR numbers on the team, even if they are relatively slow. If I am trying to protect a lead, I will even have the runner dive to the turf if I see a big hit coming.

My two dynasy teams, the Wimps and the Pansies, now fumble a lot less.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #11
K13
Rookie

Playing on xbox, have no problem with too many int's/fumbles. Seems pretty realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

fumbles since I tweaked the sliders haven't been so bad. Rain games can be a mess though. I'll restart the game if it is in the rain twice in a row.

Also, anyone notice your AI players can't pick up a fumble to save their lives? They just stand and watch as the CPU (off and def) always get the fumbles...
Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #13
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13
Playing on xbox, have no problem with too many int's/fumbles. Seems pretty realistic.
i agree, i play on the ps2 by the way
Old 10-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

In non rain games using the cover up, fumbles aren't a big deal. They are overdone in rain games. Three lost fumbles using the cover up with my impact RB last game kind of pissed me off.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #15
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I've learned to lay off the impact stick late in games with tired runningbacks while the momentum is against he.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I think that I've come to the conclusion that fumbles have a lot to do w. stadium pulse/HFA.

After playing six season at Penn State and playing in numerous "Top 25 Toughest Place to Play" and having fumble after fumble from my RB's and WR's who had over 95 for carrying, I moved on to UConn and the quiet-stadium'ed Big East.

No more 100+ stadium pulses, no more Top 25 Toughest Place to Play and all of a sudden......

My 87 overall RB had two fumbles all season and as a team I only had seven, three of them coming in the first game of the season which was (surprise, surprise) at #17 Florida State. My 72 overall WR's never fumbled, my back up 71 overall RB never fumbled. It was very, very odd. Even in rainy games, hardly a fumble was to be seen.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »