Home

WTF is up with the fumbles this year?

This is a discussion on WTF is up with the fumbles this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2006, 07:22 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: WTF is up with the fumbles this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I think that I've come to the conclusion that fumbles have a lot to do w. stadium pulse/HFA.
Have you tried turning off HFA yet? I haven't done this but if you find it really helps I may do this as well. I like the home field advantage aspect so I'm hesitant to do it. I did this last year on Heisman to help tone down some of the stuff in '06 and missed some of the crowd stuff in the game.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #18
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I turned it off for a while when I was at Penn State and I don't think it had too much of an effect, but then again I wasn't really paying attention to it.

I played two of my seven seasons with HFA off.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Also, anyone notice your AI players can't pick up a fumble to save their lives? They just stand and watch as the CPU (off and def) always get the fumbles...
I freaking hate that. I'll have games where my defenses forces 5 fumbles and recovers either 1 or none.

I've started not even trying to manually cover them as it seems I do more harm then good.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Also, anyone notice your AI players can't pick up a fumble to save their lives? They just stand and watch as the CPU (off and def) always get the fumbles...
Yes, I have noticed it, but was afraid to mention it. I figured it was because I suck. But even though I suck, my ego is too fragile to see counterparts on the internet telling me I suck because of my inability to pickup a fumble. So I kept quite. But now that the door is open, I am coming forward as well.

I have also learned that on those rare occaisions were I do recover and have room to roam, I should dive before getting tackled because my guy will cough it right back up.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

I hardly ever get fumbles, although my RB has fumbled about 4 times in the last 6 games.

Teams usually fumble alot more during rain games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
this is only a problem on current gen. Its mostly due to momentum.
I don't have this problem at all. I mean I do fumble, but within reason. Just cover up the football when you are getting tackled, that will help.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-04-2006, 03:38 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

it's not too bad on 360. rain games can get out of hand fumble wise though, especially if you're playing an away game and losing. can be pretty unplayable when your WRs, RBs, QBs and returners are all dropping the ball.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

I've had fumble problems on the 360....until I realized there is a protect ball button (RB)....USE IT!!!! the CPU does all the time, and you definately have to use it....I think it adds realism because you HAVE to worry about covering up the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »