Home

I have seen the light :D

This is a discussion on I have seen the light :D within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: I have seen the light :D

I was in a similar boat although I have been playing football games before Tecmo existed. Never was a college football fan but became bored with both 2K5 and Madden '05. Madden jumped the shark for me after '03. Couldn't even buy or rent NCAA in Canada until '07 but I had read great things about '06 so I took a chance and ordered it online. I loved it! The presentation, atmosphere, gameplay and dynasty mode were all better than Madden and I haven't looked back. Its addicting and its actually made me a much bigger college football fan. I look forward to the SEC game of the week on CBS now.

As for recruiting, there is both in-season and off-season recruiting. For in season, you can only target 12 players at the beginning but don't expect to get them all. You should quickly narrow it down to people you want and/or are interested in you. If you are a good program, you should probably get 6-8. If you are an average program maybe 4 or 5 and if you suck, just be happy to get 2 or 3.

For the off-season, use the interested prospect list to help but in week 2, make sure to check ALL prospects. Some prospects don't have you in the interested list (not in their Top 5) but have a secret desire to play for your program. If you don't recruit them, they will have a disappointing downward red arrow next to them. If you scout or recruit them in week 2, you will most likely crack their top 5 and have a shot. If you pitch a player and still haven't cracked the top 5, just give up and move on.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

Thanks rudyjuly2. I was wondering, how would I know if a player has a secret desire to play for my team other than the red arrow of dissapointment? I am using Oregon Ducks BTW.

My current dynasty, I have a prestige of A and the season before it was B. At the end of the season, I got 4 out of the 12 players I try to grab in the offseason. Before the offseason, my biggest problem is trying to guess what pitch to use to a player. I lost a 5 star potential recruit because I only guess what pitch I should use. At least on the 12 potentil recruit after the offseason can give you an idea of the proper pitch to use.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #19
MVP

I also have another question. How do I save my favorite offensive plays in my offensive audibles? For some reason my favorite offensive plays for my audibles won't save.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #20
Rookie

marzeial's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
I am an avid football gamer and a big fan of NFl but not NCAA. In my 5 years of being a football video gamer I always snub the NCAA football. I never own one or tried it in the past. I am also a big fan of the NFL 2K series but I learn how football is played in Madden series because of its tutorial video included in the game. I currently own a 360 system and I am becoming tired of Madden 2007 because it sucks flat out compared to the PC version.

I became desperate and bought NCAA Football 2007 last night (for no good reason) just to tie me over until Madden 2008. I was blown away right off the bat and now I just realized what I was missing in the past versions of NCAA Football in the current gen system. The game is way waaayyyy better than Madden 2007 in my opinion. Although I am still in the process of getting used it's controls, I am gonna cancel my Madden 2008 pre-order and move it towards NCAA 2008. Madden? Nah, I don't care about that series anymore. GGGOOOOO DUCKS and BEAVERS!!!!!! Oh, include the Portland State Vikings thier too. Icon10
Glad that you've seen the light... But you can't like the Beavers and be a Ducks fan. That's blasphemous. The Beavers are the devil
Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzeial
Glad that you've seen the light... But you can't like the Beavers and be a Ducks fan. That's blasphemous. The Beavers are the devil
Well, I live in Oregon and I support the teams around it. Most of my male friends though are Ducks fan and most of my female friends are Beavers fan. But as I have said I did not realized the rivalry since if I hang around with guys I talk about Ducks and when I hang around the gals I talk about the Beavers. But they never talk anything against the other team. Hmm, I have a feeling that the gals may have my head for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2007, 07:31 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Thanks rudyjuly2. I was wondering, how would I know if a player has a secret desire to play for my team other than the red arrow of dissapointment? I am using Oregon Ducks BTW.

My current dynasty, I have a prestige of A and the season before it was B. At the end of the season, I got 4 out of the 12 players I try to grab in the offseason. Before the offseason, my biggest problem is trying to guess what pitch to use to a player. I lost a 5 star potential recruit because I only guess what pitch I should use. At least on the 12 potentil recruit after the offseason can give you an idea of the proper pitch to use.

Thanks.
I don't know how you might know if a player has a secret desire other than the red arrow. Any arrow down or up means they have an interest. If its stays neutral and you are not in the Top 5, they simply don't care.

For recruiting, program prestige is often a good pitch for a recruit at almost any time particularly if you have good prestige. Coach prestige can be good if you also have a good coach rating. If you go after in state prospects, location is a good pitch. I sometimes find if you have a good academic rating and the awareness is high for a recruit (smart guy?) that academics can be good.

As for saving your audibles, I don't use a custom playbook or any of that stuff. I use the formation specific audibles which I like better. Can't quite remember but if you audible and then hit the right analog stick you get formation specific audible:
Up - Short/Quick Pass
Down - Run
Left - PA Pass
Right - Long Pass.
You can't use formation specific audibles with a custom playbook.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #23
Rookie

itst76's Arena

OVR: 3

WOW you and the gals sit around and discuss beavers. That is awesome
Old 05-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #24
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

For me, this is THE game every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »