Home

IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
No disrespect, but I call that crap.
None taken.

I'm going strictly by the what I've seen - playing last year's game vs IGN's HD vids of 08. Imo the overall visuals look significantly better this time around.

I suspect the loss of detail IGN spoke of is only noticeable in zoomed-in replays, so what difference does it make?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #18

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
None taken.

I'm going strictly by the what I've seen - playing last year's game vs IGN's HD vids of 08. Imo the overall visuals look significantly better this time around.

I suspect the loss of detail IGN spoke of is only noticeable in zoomed-in replays, so what difference does it make?
That might be it, but I'm thinking they are talking about the constant flow of the game. From the videos we've seen so far, the game looks very stripped down (visually). There's not a lot going on on the screen.

My frustration lies first in IGN hyping up this game the way they do. Jon Miller does that though. Secondly, the two-sidedness of EA. It's frustrating when they say one thing and then void it out because "they want to give the fans what they want."
Old 05-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I love the wildcat formation being in the game it was fun watching ark. run it last year. Since it's a formation they ran in real life and teams couldn't really stop I'm not sure how much "cheesing" it would be to use it.
The only way it gets to be "cheese" is when it stops being a change of pace or "surprise" play and becomes someone's base offensive set and every play they run. Always the problem I have with mobile Qb's / Spread Option users. I never care that people do it, it is just when the gimick becomes the basis of an entire offensive gameplan that it is annoying.

Beating it is never the issue either. It is possible to come up with all kinds of ways to contain or stop anyone but the absolute most skilled cheeser in the world, its just NOT football any more at that point. When everything is geared tworads stiopped someone from exploiting the AI instead of expoliting my defensive calls and tendancies, then the game is a lot less entertaining on many levels....
Old 05-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #20
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
That might be it, but I'm thinking they are talking about the constant flow of the game. From the videos we've seen so far, the game looks very stripped down (visually). There's not a lot going on on the screen.

My frustration lies first in IGN hyping up this game the way they do. Jon Miller does that though. Secondly, the two-sidedness of EA. It's frustrating when they say one thing and then void it out because "they want to give the fans what they want."
I'm not sure what you mean by this. The practice and HS game footage is fairly spartan (which is understandable, imo), but take a look at the Clemson vids. They're absolutely gorgeous. The player models, stadiums, lighting, animations-everything looks top-notch to these eyes.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
The only way it gets to be "cheese" is when it stops being a change of pace or "surprise" play and becomes someone's base offensive set and every play they run.
I don't think it was just a change of pace formation for Arkansas last year though. I'm pretty sure I saw at least one game of theirs, maybe two, in which they ran that formation pretty much all game. I can't remember if it was because their QB sucked or because he was hurt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #22
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
The only way it gets to be "cheese" is when it stops being a change of pace or "surprise" play and becomes someone's base offensive set and every play they run. Always the problem I have with mobile Qb's / Spread Option users. I never care that people do it, it is just when the gimick becomes the basis of an entire offensive gameplan that it is annoying.

Beating it is never the issue either. It is possible to come up with all kinds of ways to contain or stop anyone but the absolute most skilled cheeser in the world, its just NOT football any more at that point. When everything is geared tworads stiopped someone from exploiting the AI instead of expoliting my defensive calls and tendancies, then the game is a lot less entertaining on many levels....
Well said. I agree 100%.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #23
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

I dunno about any of this prognistication, but I do know that it sounds goofy to say the QB "gets under center in a shotgun formation."

You either get under the center or you line up in a shotgun formation. Can't do both.

Just bugged me. That's all.

I don't play online at all, so I'm not concerned about cheesers, but I do see how such a formation could be abused. It would be inaccurate to state that Arkansas based their offense on the formation. They used it frequently, but not the way you're gonna see it in online games, I'm guessing.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #24
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

The good thing to remember is that EA said fatigue has been totally redone so if someone runs the ball with out of the wild cat formation 4 straight times with D.Mac his *** well be tired as hell and sit out a couple of plays.

Remember last year in NCAA 07 for the 360 EA actually had a very good fatigue system in place not like the piece of **** that was in Madden. So if the devs are building off of the fatigue system for last year a lot of cheese should be cut down.

When the 12 year old online runs around all day with his QB then on 3rd down he has to play with his back up QB people will learn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »