Home

IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2007, 11:35 PM   #49
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

[quote=bubbachuck;3112220]The graphics still look amazing and i think taking away the glare will make the game look more realistic. When '07 came out im sure everyone thought it was pretty to look at but that couldnt overshadow the gameplay flaws. Now they are actually trying to fix the gameplay and making the game run smooth and people are complaining?
quote]

Hmmmmmmmmm.................

smooth gameplay, or overly shiny helmets????

I really doubt that at any point while I am playing the game, I will say........"you know........this plays smooth as hell but I wish the helmets were a bit shinier."

Seems like the same thing EA did with Madden 06 to 07 to get it to run better.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:08 AM   #50
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbachuck
Also, this IS a business so im sure EA has a good idea of what they want to try and implement into the game and when they want to try and do it. When a game comes out EVERY year they cant just make one ultimate game because then there would be nothing to look forward to for the next year.

Don't believe that at all. You are assuming they could make the perfect game while EA definately has areas to work on (no game will ever be perfect). At the same time while defending EA, you indirectly criticize them as though they are intentionally holding back making a better game which I doubt.

Some people are getting too bothered over criticism of the game. Most people want a better game and are just venting a bit. I don't see this 2K fanboyism that many in this thread are trying to call out while defending EA. Don't forget that NCAA '07 360 got 80.5% on Game Rankings (87.5% current gen) and 8/10 from OS which indicates a solid game but definately room for improvement. It also indicates people were happier with current gen which is why bringing back a current gen feel is good.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Don't believe that at all. You are assuming they could make the perfect game while EA definately has areas to work on (no game will ever be perfect). At the same time while defending EA, you indirectly criticize them as though they are intentionally holding back making a better game which I doubt.

Some people are getting too bothered over criticism of the game. Most people want a better game and are just venting a bit. I don't see this 2K fanboyism that many in this thread are trying to call out while defending EA. Don't forget that NCAA '07 360 got 80.5% on Game Rankings (87.5% current gen) and 8/10 from OS which indicates a solid game but definately room for improvement. It also indicates people were happier with current gen which is why bringing back a current gen feel is good.
Yes, I honestly do think that sport games hold back and dont do ALL they can every year. There must be stuff they know they can add but hold off and put it in later installments. And nobody can really make a perfect anything but i bet they could make a MUCH BETTER game. Im defending them because this is the FIRST time they are talking about major changes in GAMEPLAY. I've always been more of a 2k guy but i do give credit where credit is do. Im not exactly waving an EA flag around so i think i can both criticise and defend them at the same time. I just want a football game that plays well for the 360 (dont think i should have to buy another ps2 or original xbox for that) and i dont care who makes it. As long as i can play it!

07 was my first time buying NCAA and MADDEN for about 2 years and i was VERY dissapointed with both. I hope more than anything that this game plays half as good as they are making it sound like it will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #52
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Thank god its running at 60 fps this year. I don't care if the graphics do suffer a little bit. Will this fix the stuttering whenever you pause the game online? That was really annoying when trying to change the depth chart, audibles, etc.

Another quick question but not a biggie, has anyone noticed if the running animations are better. Last year the players looked a bit robotic.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 05-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 13

What does it tell you when an employee of EA does that roll out every play?
And why don't the people showing off the game tell us what difficulty they are playing on so we won't assume. Do they play on lower levels to show off the offensive?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #54
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Did I see an impact tackle?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #55
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree about bringing back a current gen feel.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

By looking at the recent videos I think the graphics look great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »