Home

Dirty Disc Errors

This is a discussion on Dirty Disc Errors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #121
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Dirty Disc Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
People, this isnt an EA issue.

Am I the only one that has owned a 360 for more than a month? Trade in your game, you will still get the same amount of DDE's. It is the system. I have had the same problem and eventually had to get a new system.
Its a EA issue everyone I know that has NCAA has the DDE issue only with NCAA. It has to be with the way they pressed the disc's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #122
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Its a EA issue everyone I know that has NCAA has the DDE issue only with NCAA. It has to be with the way they pressed the disc's.
I agree, it's an EA issue 100% is what I believe. I've only ever had DDE's with NCAA and on one other game's downloadable content (which was the download not a game disc).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #123
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbama
I've searched just about every page of this thread, but haven't seen any mention of 1st Gen XBox. Forgive me if I've missed it, but I haven't found many discussions on DDE for XBox. Until NCAA 08, I've rarely seen a DDE. I did see it on 07, but maybe two or three in a years time. In 08, I'm lucky if I even get the game loaded. I tried three times tonight, but twice I got the DDE after the first series of downs, and the third time I got the DDE while the game loaded. That's the way it's been for about two or three weeks now. After reading these posts (I read them a few weeks ago, initially), I tried to remove the game after each attempt, but that didn't help. I also turned of the commentary. Like I said, no other games do this, and I can still play 07 with no problems. I do notice a bit of a noise coming from the Xbox while this disc is in, but I don't hear it with other games. HELP!!!!!!

I can't really help, but I can confirm it's an issue on the Xbox. I had the same problem with it before I finally gave up and sold it. I could not make it through an entire game without it locking up on me. The really frustrating part of it was that it didn't happen in the same place. Sometimes I couldn't get a game started. Other times it would lock up during the introduction or during the middle of the game.

I'm back to playing '06 and I'm happy with that. Sports games have really taken a nosedive in quality since the "next gen" has arrived. I'm still on Xbox (and PSP and Wii), and the only current sports title I have is The Show on PSP. For every other sport I'm playing older games because I think they are better than any sports game released the past 2 years.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I can't really help, but I can confirm it's an issue on the Xbox. I had the same problem with it before I finally gave up and sold it. I could not make it through an entire game without it locking up on me. The really frustrating part of it was that it didn't happen in the same place. Sometimes I couldn't get a game started. Other times it would lock up during the introduction or during the middle of the game.

I'm back to playing '06 and I'm happy with that. Sports games have really taken a nosedive in quality since the "next gen" has arrived. I'm still on Xbox (and PSP and Wii), and the only current sports title I have is The Show on PSP. For every other sport I'm playing older games because I think they are better than any sports game released the past 2 years.
Well, I'm trying to return my game today. I'll give that a shot, but may have give up!!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #125
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbama
Well, I'm trying to return my game today. I'll give that a shot, but may have give up!!
Just curious, are you taking your game out of the 360 before you shut it down? And starting up the 360 without any disc in it and then from the dashboard loading the game?

Once I started doing this I have not gotten any DDEs (knock on virtual wood).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Just curious, are you taking your game out of the 360 before you shut it down? And starting up the 360 without any disc in it and then from the dashboard loading the game?

Once I started doing this I have not gotten any DDEs (knock on virtual wood).
I'm still on 1st gen XBox, but I have tried removing the disc. After last night's failed attempts, I checked out the disc pretty good. While there are no scratches, there is a very obvious change in "color" on the disc. There's a very defined shade differene that runs from the center of the disc out to the end. It's not a straight line, but it's there! I did fail to mention, but I've really had trouble with the game all along. In the beginning, it was just very sluggish, but now it simply will not play.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:46 PM   #127
Banned

OVR: 17

Have had significant DDE issues with both NCAA 07 and 08. no other game in my library has given me these issues unless the disk was actually dirty. Everytime I get it on NCAA my disk is always clean as a whistle. And i'm on my 2nd 360 and this happened with both machines, but again........ONLY on NCAA games.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #128
Banned

OVR: 14

Guess I'm just lucky, I have not had one DDE issue yet? I never leave the disk in when I stop playing, but I usually have the disk in when I fire the 360 up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »