Home

Money Plays?

This is a discussion on Money Plays? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #9
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Money Plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
My "money" formation this year is Trips Bunch.

Basically, on every play in Trips Bunch, you can have one of your receivers run a pattern downfield, and then hot route one of the other three in the bunch to cut across the middle of the field.

If the defense overplays the middle, I also go downfield, and have had several long completions that way. If he drops into coverage against the deep ball, then I usually just drop it off to my receiver cutting over the middle. A lot of times, he will only have to juke or spin one guy to get some decent YAC.

I like this formation, with every play having at least one deep route and being able to hot route a guy over the middle, because it really allows you to take what the defense gives you.
If you have a decent tight end, Trips Bunch HB Out is the way to go for a gain of 6-10 yards. The tight end is closest to the line while the other two receivers do a cross in and a seam pattern leaving the flat open for your TE. If the middle linebacker blitzes you have your crossing receiver.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

If you have a fast running back, run something with a fullback and pitch it out to the strong side to the HB
Old 07-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #11
Rookie

tfin1212's Arena

OVR: 4

OK there is one money play that I try not to abuse. Any kind of play action to the fb in the flat almost always works and I use the package button to have Dual HB or my second string running back at fullback. try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfin1212
OK there is one money play that I try not to abuse. Any kind of play action to the fb in the flat almost always works and I use the package button to have Dual HB or my second string running back at fullback. try it.
Yeah any fullback passes are often good money. But anyone paying attention can blow them up. But without prior notice the fullback is almost always open.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #13
Rookie

With Any EA game there are always plays that work and plays that don't. If you are having trouble, I would use the shotgun formation. Gives you a little more time against the rush(so you don't panic and throw an INT) and also has some great packages. Any trips formation will do the trick. If your opponent likes to run a man blitz just throw to the HB in the flats or Run multiple slate routes. If he zones up on you run a lot of comback routes(Your WR's will sit in the open spots in the zone). You can also run the trips shotgun form and throw the corner route if you have a QB that can get outside the hash marks. Utilize the HB's because your INT chances are low and they are usually faster than the LB and can break the tackles of DB's. This year you have to lead/throw behind the WR or the Safety/Corners will jump the route and pick it off.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

wr screens with single back or out of the shotgun. move my rb over to the receivers side and if the cb goes into coverage auto 8 yards.. if he is in zone hope hes being blocked by a Offensive lineman :P
Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #15
Mr. N*c*

WhiskeyD0G's Arena

Every play in each playbook can be a "money play" if you practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyD0G
Every play in each playbook can be a "money play" if you practice.
You are incorrect sir.... Money plays are usually plays that work regardless of defense. Some plays will not work against certain zones/mans. So practice all you want, but some plays just aren't money plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »